Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Detention, Anyone?

Go down 
+2
Headmistress Ellington
Professor Renoir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Professor Renoir

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/21/2013, 03:01

Marguerite happily showed the four troublemakers the way to Headmistress Ellington’s office. It had been a rather boring day, and she simply couldn’t wait to see what Fiona gave them for detention. And surely she’d be taking house points as well, though that thought made Renoir less happy. They reached the entrance to the office, and she turned to the large statue of a sparrow in front of it.

Pigsnort” she said, feeling rather stupid. The students probably had no idea it was a password. The sparrow came to life and flew to a perch on the wall next to it and the stone melted into a doorway. “Follow me, silently.

Up the twisting stairwell they went, the tension building with every step. Ellington was expecting them, because Marguerite had sent her Patronus (an eagle, of course) ahead of time to warn her. She announced herself and walked the students into the office.

Headmistress, these are the ones,” she said, suppressing a grin and standing aside.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/21/2013, 03:13

Headmistress Ellington had been getting her beauty sleep when Renoir’s majestic eagle Patronus flew to her side and spouted out a message. Students already in trouble? At this hour? She couldn’t fathom exactly how you could make trouble of bacon and porridge, but there you have it. She dressed hastily and sat at her desk to await them.

The four first years filed in behind Marguerite, and she didn’t like the look of them already. Two Slytherins (no surprise there), a Hufflepuff (really?), and a Ravenclaw. She knew of them, of course. Fiona Ellington knew all her students.

Parry, wipe that ridiculous smirk off your face,” she began. “And stand up straight, all of you. Now, clearly each of your houses will be losing ten points.

She paused to let that sink in. If they cared anything about winning the House Cup, they should work harder and play less. Ten points would hardly effect Ravenclaw, but Slytherin really couldn’t afford it.

I want you to give me your accounts of what happened, one at a time,” she said, and waited. It was really too early for this.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/hogwartsmedieval
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/21/2013, 18:26

Professor Renoir seemed far too cheery about this whole situation. Though, she was glad it was her who had caught them rather than Aitken; the Potions master seemed more likely to let the Slytherins off the hook and expel the rest of them.

Adele couldn’t help but be to be in awe as they stepped into the Headmistress’s office. Books covered every spare inch of the rounded walls, and magical trinkets she had never seen before were spread out on every table. Then she noticed Ellington herself, looking slightly crabby about being woken up at this hour. She said ten points really wouldn’t matter to Adelaine’s house; and sure enough, when she looked to the large hourglasses on the shelf behind Ellington, the beads chinking and clinking lightly as they dropped, Ravenclaw was still a good 20 points ahead of Gryffindor.

Headmistress, I can tell you what happened,” she started promptly, raising her hand. “It all started when Kolby here threw an orange at the back of our friend’s head.

She paused, realizing that she was as much to blame as the Slytherin for the chaos that followed.

I went over to him, and I uh…splattered his porridge in his face..Then he tried to jinx me! And so then I..well, jinxed him. And then it all just..got out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Nadia Murray
Slytherin: Year 2
Slytherin: Year 2
Nadia Murray

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/22/2013, 19:33

Nadia snorted at Adele's recollection of the fight, poor little Adele defending her friend's honor, how pathetic. Kolby probably deserved the porridge to the head, but Ravenclaws were supposed to be intelligent, and starting a food fight was anything but. Nadia had to retain her innocence, even if it meant throwing Kolby under the horse.

"Headmistress, I don't quite know why I am here. I had only been in the Great Hall for a manner of minutes, minding my own business of course, when I was attacked. I defended myself as I should have, and tried not to become too involved in the ruckus around me. Adele failed to mention how she petrified me when I had done nothing to provoke her! As you can see, I really shouldn't be here, nor should I lose points for what occurred during breakfast, if anything Ravenclaw should be deducted more points for attacking an innocent student! Do you mind if I sit down? My head is still woozy from its impact onto Kolby." Nadia asked sweetly.

She was not going to take the blame for the idiots that stood beside her. Why would she? They had never done anything but mock her. Fools.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 00:33

Kolby was quite surprised that Adele took responsibly for her actions. It was her fighting back that started it. But, a feeling spread in Kolby's heart: guilt. He couldn't let her take the blame for it when he threw the orange in the first place. He sighed and stepped forward. Besides, he wasn't going to let Nadia get away with this.

"Headmistress, let me give you my recollection of the events. I threw the orange at Rose, trying to start mischief. I'm a Slytherin so it's in my nature to do so. And, I had messed with this girls before and they never did much so I wasn't expecting them to fight back. So, when Adele defended her friend by pouring porridge on me, I took it as a challenge to a duel. So, we started fighting. I hit her with an Engorgio spell and Deirdre countered with the Reducio spell, defending her friend. Nadia came in and instantly joined the battle, unlike what she said. And, then, Professor Renior came in and stopped the battle. And, that's really what happened Headmistress."he told her, being completely transparent and truthful.

He hoped that his sudden maturity would be appreciated by the other student.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Deirdre McCalahan

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 02:53

Deirdre was shocked to say the least. Kolby had actually told the truth about everything in the Great Hall, including his housemates involvement. She still thought he was attempting to get everyone expelled, but that could be thought over later. Right now, she had to do something she didn't want to. She had to back up his story.

"As much as I hate to say it, Headmistress - and believe me, I really do - Kolby is telling the truth. He started things and I involved myself because I honestly can't stand him and I didn't want anyone getting hurt. And Nadia really isn't innocent like she claims! I was surprised that such a high and mighty pureblood lady would stoop to getting involved in a quarrel." She said, throwing a jibe at Nadia that she couldn't resist.

She silently hoped for an easy punishment, something nonlethal that they could do quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://cea-robber-of-souls.deviantart.com/
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 11:39

Fiona listened attentively as each student seemed to work together to tell their story. Except for Nadia Murray, but that surprised her none. Now, what to do with these guilty little first years?

Well, honesty counts for something, I suppose,” she began. “Nadia, we all know very well of how innocent you are. How could you assume these others would let you get away with your lie?

The story that surprised her most, however, was Kolby Parry’s. The lad was actually being truthful? Perhaps he’s had an epiphany, or found an ounce of maturity in his snake-like mind. Ellington wouldn’t expel them, no; but this was no little prank. A food fight, she could handle. But a full on duel? That definitely required punishment.

Very well, if you all are finished, I think you’ll be pleased to know you aren’t being expelled,” she remarked, standing and heading to the door. “You will receive detention, of course. I expect the four of you to meet in the Great Hall in an hour’s time. Professor Renoir will provide you with further information.

She opened the door and waved her hand to show them the conversation was over.
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime5/23/2013, 11:53

This thread is now closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Detention, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detention, Anyone?   Detention, Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detention, Anyone?
Page 1 of 1