Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Dusty Detention

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime3/10/2014, 20:58

Adelaine and Marigold had unfortunately arrived late to Potions. Not too late…just a half hour or so. It wasn’t their fault, really; Ravenclaw Tower was chaotic that morning, and they’d both woken up late. A few sixth year girls in their house had decided it would be funny to practice sleeping charms on them.

Can you believe this?” she grumbled to Marigold as they walked down to the dungeons.

Aitken was out sick, and the substitute was even worse than she was. He’d given them detention! They had to clean all the abandoned classrooms down in the murky dark dungeons. At least they had the magic trash bags - those things were adorable.

Marigold, I forget,” she began, almost tripping down the stairs. “Did you have detention with us in the Great Hall at the beginning of the year?
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime3/11/2014, 21:44

"I know right. We couldn't fight the sleeping charm. This is so unfair."Marigold responded to Adele, holding up her wand. She was using the Lumos spell to see everything. Rats ran away and Marigold crinkled her nose. I don't wanna be here.Marigold thought. She had to do some digusting chores at home when she got in trouble (which was very rare) but this.......She shook her head.

"No. This is my first and hopefully my last detention."Marigold said. The magic trash bags were adorable, floating around and swallowing the trash Marigold fed it. Marigold patted them and they wiggled in approval.

"Do you think that anyone actually died down here? I don't imagine any headmaster cruel enough to lock students down here."Marigold asked. She didn't see any bones in the cells they were cleaning right now. But, perhaps when they went deeper into the Dungeons.......

Marigold shuddered. She didn't want to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime3/14/2014, 14:52

Adelaine and her trash bag recognized each other at once and hugged. She wondered if this would seem strange to Marigold, but it didn’t really matter. She felt a bit bad for only visiting the bag once after her last detention. My word, I do not want to be the person who loses count of how many detentions she’s had, she thought grimly, wondering just how much of a troublemaker she really was.

I’m sure no one’s died here,” Adele reassured her friend, before second-guessing herself. “At least, I’m sure a professor hasn’t killed a student…well, I’m sure a professor hasn’t killed a student in this classroom, anyway.

That certainly set the mood, didn’t it? Adelaine had to think of some way to liven the party up. She tossed an old (and curiously stained) rag to her bag and looked around. The classroom they were cleaning looked like a disaster area.

What if we got this room in tiptop shape,” she suggested to Marigold. “And then used it as some sort of hang out place? No one ever comes down here!
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime3/15/2014, 01:49

Marigold was cleaning when Adele proposed the idea of making this a hangout. Marigold looked around the room. It was a horrible mess.

"That sounds great but we have a long way to go."Marigold said as she tossed more trash into the trash bag. She came to the only tiny window in the cell and stood on her tip toes to see outside it.

"Hey, you can see the Pitch from here. It looks like Ravenclaw and Gryffindor are having a practice match."Marigold said excitedly. She watched as Gavin zoomed across the Pitch. He tried to throw the Quaffle into the goal but Asher caught it and tossed it back into play. Marigold put her hands on the ledge and tried to pull herself up to see more but a pair of legs blocked her view.

"And, he's so obsessed with that first year Ravenclaw. It's sickening. I don't see what he sees in her."a voice said. Marigold couldn't see their house colors. Just the black from their robes. Marigold trash bag rubbed against her to remind her to work but she petted it to keep it calm.

"They seem to be a good match though."another girl chimed in.

"I don't want to talk about this."the first girl said brashly, walking away. The other girls legs popped into view.

"Well, if you didn't want to talk about it, why did you bring it up?"she said, chasing after her friend. Marigold let go of the ledge and stood there for a moment. Her trash bag tapped her again and Marigold went back to picking up trash.

"Who do you think they were talking about?"Marigold asked. They're obviously talking about Adele.she thought to herself. Seamus was obsessed with her.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime3/15/2014, 15:59

Adelaine and her trash bag slowly circled the room cleaning and clearing. They were currently perched a few feet from a window, dusting the shelves. Adele’s ears perked up when Marigold mentioned the Quidditch game. She rushed to the window next to her friend and stared out.

That’s not a practice match, teams don’t have practices with each other,” she realized. “We’re missing one of the last games of the year!

She went silent immediately at the sound of the other voices. Who could they be talking about? I bet it’s Marigold, Adele thought decidedly. If it had been about a boy and girl in the same house (Seamus came to mind) the girls wouldn’t have bothered specifying that the mystery lass was in Ravenclaw.

Did you see who it was?” she asked Marigold, stretching as high as she could. “Whoever it was, she sounds rather unpleasant.

Then she figured it would be easier to see them if they were lower and looking up out the window, as right now they were at eye level with their legs. Adelaine tried, but couldn't see much.

"Oh!" she exclaimed excitedly. "I saw a flash of crimson!"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime3/18/2014, 00:40

Crimson? Victoria.Marigold though immediately, tossing trash into her bag. That little......watch your tongue Marigold Belet or I'll wash your mouth out with soap.she thought, hearing her mother nagging.

"Crimson? They must be talking about another girl."Marigold said to Adele, picking up a dead rat and feeding it the trash bag. But, there was no denying it. Marigold felt a blush coming on. If that was Victoria, then there was no doubt: they were talking about Asher and her. No doubt Asher and Marigold had gotten close but they were still just friends.

"So.....ummm....."Marigold stumbled but she couldn't find a good way to change the subject. Her face was now bright red and she could feel her ear burning. I hope I won't have to tell her.she though with dread.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/6/2014, 20:16

Adele noted the blush on Marigold’s face and wondered whether to let it slide or question her. She tossed an old crumbling bit of parchment to her bag and peered out the window again. That blasted professor was keeping them away from one of the last games of the year; their detention really had to be scheduled for this time? They couldn’t have done it an hour later?

So, Marigold,” she said, ready to pry. “Are you planning on telling me what happened between you and Victoria?

She gave her friend time for that question to set in. Did Marigold realize that practically everyone knew? It was the talk of the whole school; it was no wonder Victoria seemed even more awful than normal. The thing was, no one knew what really happened. There were just a thousand different rumors going around.

Looking out the window, Adele saw that the Ravenclaw Chasers were passing the Quaffle back and forth, speeding through the air. One of them slammed the ball past Asher and the crowd went wild.

Can’t believe we’re not there,” she muttered angrily under her breath, kicking an old vial across the room.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/6/2014, 23:22

Marigold and Jacob had stuck to their guns about the story of Marigold falling down a flight of stairs. Everyone who asked her got the same story: she was running from Victoria and tripped and fell. Jacob found her thirty minutes later and took her to hospital wing.

But, this was Adele, one of her best friends. She could tell her the truth......right? Marigold sighed.

"Well, I was walking back to the dorm when the stairs changed directions. Victoria was at the top with some friends and they chased me around the empty hallways. They knocked my wand out of my hand and Victoria used the Locomotor charm on me. She slammed me into the wall, repeatedly and then Jacob stopped her. I don't remember what happened after that."Marigold said solemnly. The trash bag rubbed against her leg, trying to comfort her. She patted it and fed it more trash.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/24/2014, 17:10

((OOC: I'm sensing a change in the wind...shall we have a mini DA? OMG THAT'S WHAT WE COULD USE THE ROOM FOR. OMG!))

Adelaine listened, frozen in shock. That bawdy little Victoria, who did she think she was? She was no better than a Slytherin..but then, a Slytherin had helped Marigold. So….. So, she was no better than..a frog. That’s a rather weak insult, she scolded herself.

Marigold, I don’t understand why you didn’t go to the Headmistress straight away,” she shouted, folding her arms. “You had a witness and everything, she could have been expelled! The girl tried to kill you!

She hadn’t meant for it to come out so harshly, but it really upset her. If there was one thing she couldn’t stand (there were many things), it was seeing people let others walk all over them. If Marigold would just toughen up and stand up for herself… The whole thing reminded Adele of the sphinx incident.

You have got to learn to fight back, Marigold,” she said seriously, blocking out the cheering outside. “You're lucky Jacob was there, and you're lucky you were taken to the Hospital Wing immediately! There won’t always be someone there to pick up the pieces.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/28/2014, 20:56

Marigold was a bit insulted by Adele's harsh tone. She knew that Adele only had her best interest at heart though.

"I didn't do anything about becuase I was scared it wouldn't produce immediate results. The Headmistress would have summoned her and her parents and then her parents wouldn't care that Victoria nearly killed me. In fact, they would have praised her."she said grimly. She really was trying to forget the whole thing.

"They wouldn't care because I'm just a lowly peasant. They would be more appalled that she was chasing after Asher. But, then she would still be allowed to go to Hogwarts until her 5th year. The Headmistress would put a collar on her ankle so she couldn't go anywhere she's not supposed to go, like school dances. She would been banned from all school activities and would be restricted to her commons room when she's not in class."Marigold said. She could feel her anger boiling up. She exhaled and counted to ten.

"And, it's not like I didn't try to protect myself. I did. But, one of her friends used an Expelliarmus charm and my wand went flying. I didn't know what to do after that."she said, stuffing trash into the bag. It rubbed against her leg sadly and she patted to make it feel better.

"It not like it mattered. Reporting the incident won't do any good. Yes, she should be expelled or at least suspended but because I'm a peasant and she's a noble, it doesn't matter. I don't matter to them.That's the way it's always going to be. That's how this corrupt system works."she said, feeling her eyes tearing up. She shook her head and stopped herself.

"It's okay though. You get used to it after a while."she said. The room was now clean. She moved on to the next one, hardening herself against the world.

"And, I know that I need to toughen up. But, if I become to hard, then life isn't enjoyable anymore."she said. She didn't want to end up like some servants she knew. So grumpy and harsh and cruel.

They think everyone is out to get them. That it's them against the world.she thought, her grandmother coming to mind. Did she even enjoy life?she thought. She didn't want to become like that. She looked back at Adele.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to get angry."she apologized.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/29/2014, 21:43

Adelaine tried as hard as she could to let the unintentional insult slide past, but it was difficult. Everything Marigold had just said was against nobles, a.k.a. Adele. She knew it wasn’t exactly towards her, but it still stung. Especially since she knew a part of it was true.

Yes, that is how the system works, but not at Hogwarts,” she said tensely. “You know that Ellington doesn’t play into all that, you know she would have expelled Victoria immediately!

With a huff, Adele slid to the ground and was silent for a moment. She was all tangled up in her thoughts. Is that what they all think of nobles? she asked herself. Is that what they all think of me? The last thing Marigold said also sat uneasily with her. Too hard…is that what Adele was like? Peasants never liked to believe it, but a noble’s life was not all that easy, it was probably more dangerous; everything was not just handed to them. Her parents had instilled in her from an early age that every nobleman was alone. ”Trust is not something we can afford,” her father would say every time there was news of something shady in what he liked to call the game of thrones. Nobility was a tricky business.

Marigold, we should start a club,” she muttered, the idea just dawning on her. “A defensive magic club!

((Game of thrones...I couldn't help myself.))
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/29/2014, 22:05

Marigold knew that Adele was probably right. Ellington would not have done that. And, she didn't mean to hurt Adele's feelings. She realized that she was a bit insensitive, only thinking about her and her fellow peasants.

Marigold snapped back to reality when Adele came up with the magic club idea. She smiled, glad to be changing the subject.

"That sounds great. And, we could have Jacob in charge of it, since he went to Durmstrang and is the president of the dueling club."Marigold said excitedly. But, then she blushed.

"Or, you know. Someone else could be in charge. It's just a suggestion."she said, putting trash into her bag. Another topic to bring up. Love triangles.

Marigold suddenly found herself stuck between two great guys. It was confusing. She knew both of them since she was little. They were alike in similar ways. The only difference was the social classes.

"If you had to choose between Seamus and Symon to marry, who would you choose and why? Just hypothetically. I'm curious."Marigold asked. Awkward question, since they shouldn't even be worrying about marriage. But, she was curious.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/29/2014, 23:11

Adelaine set to thinking and planning at once. It would have to be a well-kept secret, spread only by word of mouth. She didn’t know Jacob well, so she wasn’t sure if he had the credentials to make him a leader, but it was worth a shot.

It isn’t good for one person to have so much power,” she said, sounding like her father. “Perhaps we could recruit a few people to be in charge?

Jacob was an option, but then she thought of Finn. A fifth year, excellent in Defense Against the Dark Arts, and he literally got on well with anyone and everyone. Suddenly, Marigold changed the subject to a rather dangerous topic. It really wasn’t something they should be talking about, there was no point in Adelaine even considering marrying someone beneath her rank…

Erm, I don’t, um” she sputtered nervously, then cleared her throat. “I suppose if I could choose…that is to say, if Seamus were ..noble…I would…Um…

It was in that moment when she realized she clearly was more fond of Symon Fendrel than she thought. Why else would that hypothetical question be so difficult to answer? She hadn’t spoken to Symon since the dance, but this conversation brought that night to mind; what had he been about to tell her?

I don’t know who I would choose,” she decided. More like decided to be undecided. “If you could choose, who would you marry? Out of any of the lads we know.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/30/2014, 01:26

Marigold blushed when the question was thrown back at her. It was obvious that it was between Jacob and Asher.

"Well.....I mean.....I can see either Asher or Jacob......If it's Asher, I would have to work for the rest of my life on a farm.....If it's Jacob.....I mean, I would have to work.....just not as much. And, not to mention rule Ware with him......I don't know."Marigold replied logically. Jacob obviously was the better answer.

"I don't even think of Peyton or Gavin or Seamus that way."she said, cleaning more trash. Half of the room was cleaned.

"Either way, it's not like it matters right? I mean, when we're married, we quickly become mothers and baby makers."she said when she thought about it. Men had all the power.

Being a woman sucks.she thought after realizing that that was her future regardless, unless she became a nun or something.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/30/2014, 16:15

At least you can choose,” she reminded Marigold. “You could never marry Jacob, though Ware isn’t the most prominent house. But you could choose to marry Asher if you liked. If you married someone like that, who respects you, you won't be seen as a 'baby maker'.

Adelaine stood on her toes to see out the window again. The game was nearly over, and it sounded like Ravenclaw was in the lead. She made a mental note to find Seamus and Gavin immediately after to ask for all the details.

Sometimes I wish I was in your position,” she muttered, staring out at the grass. “Everyone thinks nobles can have anything they want, but we never get to choose for ourselves. As far as I know, I’ll be shipped off to some lord down south as soon as I come of age.

Tristayn was in Cambridge, which was awfully far. The furthest south she’d ever been was Scarborough, on a trip to the seaside. Am I still betrothed to him? she wondered earnestly. The last time her parents had written her was on their recent journey to York, and they made no mention of him. York…Symon was of York. What were her parents doing there?

I’ve got to talk to Symon!” she shouted, panicking as it all came together.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime5/31/2014, 01:34

Marigold sighed. It was rare that a peasant was to marry a noble. Almost not existent. But, Asher......

"It's true that we get to choose but Lord de Hattes still approves it or not. Even if I found love, it's up to him. And, we're not precisely.....compatible. In fact, we're very opposite. He's hot headed. I'm passive aggressive. He's loud. I'm quiet. He's fire. I'm ice. I don't know anymore. I mean, he's sweet when he wants to be. But, otherwise, he's......I don't know. And, I don't think he actually respects me, to say. He listens but not really."Marigold said. She sighed.

"Boys."she said sadly. She jumped when Adele exclaimed about Symon.

"Why?"Marigold asked.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/1/2014, 22:13

Adelaine watched as the crowd dispersed from the Quidditch Pitch, and thought about what Marigold was saying. She didn’t know much about the peasants’ hierarchy, but servants like the Belets were pretty much on the bottom of the chain. As far as she was concerned, a young noble girl didn’t have much more freedom.

He respects you, I’m sure,” she said thoughtfully. “But he’s a thirteen year old boy with much more on his mind.. He could be shipped off to war at any moment, or taken out of school and married.

Letting that sink in, she thought about the dance and tried to piece it all together. Was her assumption correct?

At the dance, Symon kept saying we needed to talk,” Adele stated slowly. “And my parents, they recently journeyed to York, which the Fendrels hold. It’s probably just a coincidence, but my father and Lord Fendrel have never been too friendly with one another, and there wasn’t a tournament or anything. What else would he be doing there?
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/1/2014, 22:41

Marigold never thought about it that way. It was true. Asher probably had a lot on his plate, what with the war, his mother dying, grades, Quidditch season, and exams. The last thing on his was courting. I've been so selfish.Marigold thought sadly. It was unlike her. Being a servant, she was used to putting others before herself. Marigold sighed.

Marigold listened to Adele's story.

"It does make sense."was all she said. She didn't know Symon all to well but she thought he was a good guy.

"Do you like Symon? Like, like like him?"Marigold asked. She knew that the answer was probably yes. But, Adele might have more of a taking to another random boy or to Seamus.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/2/2014, 16:03

Adelaine was a bit light-headed with all this talk of marriage and Symon and boys. She spread her cloak out on the ground and laid down.

Well, I hate to admit it,” she said honestly. “But Symon and I have much more in common than Seamus and I do…Symon understands what I go through as a noble, I mean we both grew up in the same kind of house, and we’re both from the north.

When did these feelings even come about? At the beginning of the year, she wanted to spend every second with Seamus, they were the best of friends. Then she met Symon and realized how much less mature Seamus was than she would have liked, and how little they had to talk about other than Quidditch and Ravenclaw and things like that.

What was that?” she sat up suddenly, hearing a loud CRACK in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/2/2014, 21:11

Marigold sat by Adele on the floor. It was time to take a bit of a break. The trash bags floated around the room, eating trash, basically doing the girls work so they wouldn't get in trouble. Marigold watched them and listened to Adele's story. She smiled.

"I've seen the way he treats you. He's a great guy and he respects you a lot. I think you two could be a good match. But, how are you going to break it to Seamus that you may be betrothed to Symon? He'll be heart broken."Marigold brought up.

She stood up and looked out the door. It was the substitute professor from Potions. Marigold gestured to Adele to get up but he could already see that the girls were WAY behind, only having two cells cleaned. Marigold looked at the floor as he came into the cell they were in now, which was only half clean.

"Well, I see I have some lazy Ravenclaws on my hands. You girls have been down here for nearly an hour and a half and you only have two and a half cells cleaned? For shame. I thought sending you two down here and the fact that the last Quidditch game of the season was on would be motive enough for you two to work much harder. But, I see that I was wrong. I'll be taking ten points from Ravenclaw for laziness and extending your detention another two hours. Now, get back to work."he said firmly, pacing in front of them. He turned to leave. Marigold looked at him in shock.

"Sir? You're being quite cruel."Marigold blurted out. She immediately covered her mouth. Did I just back talk a professor?! Am I crazy?she thought. He turned back to look at her.

"What was that, Belet?"he asked very seriously, glaring at her. She could feel her hand shaking. She was now terrified.

"Well, s-s-s-sir, if you extend our d-d-d-detention, we'll miss dinner and I'm sure H-H-H-Headmistress Ellington would not approve of that."she said stuttering. It was the truth. But, boy, was Marigold stupid to say something. She was already kicking herself. The professor cupped Marigold's chin and forced her to look at him.

"In the future, Belet, it would be wiser to hold your tongue. I thought a good little servant girl would know that."he said. He let go of her chin and turned towards Adele.

"Five more points from Ravenclaw for talking back to a teacher. Beaumont, you are free to leave. Belet can clean the dungeons by herself."he said, plainly, leaving the dungeons. Marigold sighed and smiled at Adele. She then stated to clean the cell.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/2/2014, 21:26

Adelaine furrowed her brow and glared at the professor as he left. Who on earth did he think he was? She set to thinking immediately, and paced back and forth as Marigold cleaned. He was only a substitute, he couldn’t have any real power.

He can’t take points!” she exclaimed, feeling quite confident. “Only the Headmistress and professors can give and take points, not substitutes. Right?

She sat right back down on her cloak and smiled. This was almost the most rebellious she had ever felt. Adele wanted to just walk right out of here, go find Seamus and Gavin at the pitch, go to dinner, and then go to the headmistress.

Couldn’t we tell Ellington about this?” she asked thoughtfully. “He threatened you! Not violently, but sinisterly enough..

Thinking about this brought her high down just a bit. Men and women would never be equals, though their headmistress was a woman (obviously). It wasn’t even illegal for a man to beat his wife, though Adelaine had always thought it should be. Although, it also wasn't illegal for a woman to beat her husband.

Well, we could at least tell her about the points,” she decided, drumming her fingers on the floor. “Let’s go, Marigold! Come on, the bags know their way around, let’s just leave!

Adele skipped down the hallway with a grin, knowing her friend would follow.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime6/3/2014, 23:46

Marigold looked at her friend like she was crazy. But, she was making sense. He doesn't have any real power here, does he?she thought. She stopped cleaning and thought about it.

What's the harm if we do tell the Headmistress? She can only tell us we're wrong and send us back to detention after supper. And take the points away, which might put Hufflepuff in the lead. But, what if she gets mad at us for leaving detention in the first place and disobeying a professor, even if he is a substitute?Marigold thought.

That could result in an even more serious detention, like......being locked up in here.she thought. She was about to tell Adele but she took off running down the hall. Marigold sighed and smiled.

Hopefully, Adele is right.she thought as she ran after her friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dusty Detention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Detention   Dusty Detention Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dusty Detention
Page 1 of 1