Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Can't Sleep?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 08:09

Marigold sat in the Common Room by the fire, trying to take it's warmth. She yawned but finally opened those final four letters.

One was from her uncle, explaining a bit more about who murdered her aunt. It was a jealous lord, who envied her wealth and social status. Marigold rolled her eyes. At least she didn't have to deal with that.

Another was from Mr. de Hattes, her boss. He was punishing one of his children because they didn't want to study magic. So, he sent Marigold their allowance for the month. Marigold smiled. It was sorta like a paycheck.

The third was from her father. He was telling her that he missed her deeply and that they wished that they had the time or money to bring her home. But, it's better at Hogwarts. Less disease and better bed.

The final letter was from her aunts cleric. It explained that this was just a portion of her real inheritance. She would have to complete her education at Hogwarts to get the rest. Marigold nodded. That was far.

"Can't sleep?"Seamus asked as he came from the stairs. Marigold nodded. He went over to a basin of hot water and made him some tea while Marigold opened her package. She gasped. It was a bag of galleons. Marigold opened the burlap sack and let the galleons run through her hands. She's never seen this much money before.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 11:15

Adelaine sat up in her bed and yawned, wondering what time it was. Standing up and stretching, she walked over to the window and peered up at the sky. It was dangerously cloudy, so she couldn't see the stars or the moon. There was a storm coming.

"Hmmm."

She was just going to lay back down when she noticed one of the beds was empty; Marigold's bed. Tomorrow was the Hogsmeade trip, perhaps the girl was just too excited to sleep..or perhaps it was her aunt that kept her awake. Adele threw her shift on and quietly tiptoed down to the common room. She spied Marigold sitting by the fire and went to join her.

"Finally opened the other letters, I see?"

Adele plopped down in a big cushy armchair, then froze when she heard footsteps behind her. Why was everyone awake tonight? Seamus padded across the floor with two cups of tea and gave one to Marigold.

"Oh, hi dare Adele, didn' know ye were up," he said, passing her the second cup of tea. "'ere, you take dat one an' oi'll go make ano'der."

((OOC: MADISON WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT NO MISTER AND MISS?? Also, I didn't know we had a hot water basin, how nice I love you))
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 14:53

Marigold smiled when Adele came in. It was getting awkward with only Seamus in here. She accepted the tea mad drank. It tasted like vanilla.

"Yeah. One from my father, one from my uncle, one from my aunt's cleric, and one from Lord de Hattes, my boss. But, Adele, what should I do with all of this?"Marigold asked, showing Adele the bag of money.

"Tat's a lot of money for just being her niece."Seamus said, sitting next to Adele. Marigold nodded.

"Well, my aunt was unable to have her own children. And, my mother is her favorite sister out of the three so I became a favorite. I remember she used to tell me stories about her adventures in Germany, Italy, and Greece. She always wanted to take me there one day."Marigold said, a bit nostalgic. She smiled and looked at the money. What was she supposed to do?
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 15:27

Adele sipped her tea and glanced at the dying fire. It was getting chilly in the common room, and she was only wearing a short-sleeved little shift.

"Seamus, do you know that fire spell?" she asked as the lad sat down in the chair next to her.

"Wha'? Oh, yeah," he answered, pulling out his wand. "Incendio."

The flames shot from his wand and the fire was roaring in an instant. Much better, she thought with a smile. She took another swig of tea and turned back to Marigold just as the girl was holding up the sack of money.

"Oi know if I 'ad tat much money, I'd save it all," Seamus confided, not able to take his eyes off of it. "Tat much would carry me along ter be a knight."

Adelaine's stomach fluttered a bit at the thought of Seamus becoming a knight.

"He's right," she said to Marigold. "I mean, obviously you can't be a knight. But one can certainly move up in the world with money."
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 15:57

Marigold agreed with what they both said. Saving it was the right choice. Marigold noticed that Seamus couldn't stop staring at the money. Adele seemed like she's seen more money than that. She probably had.

"Alright. I'll send it to my mother. I'll take 50 galleons though so I can get presents and other stuff at Hogsmeade tomorrow. Anything left over I can spend through the school year."Marigold said, counting out the money. She was trying to be smart about this. She looked at Adele and Seamus, seeing if one of them would object.

"Tat sounds like a fine plan."Seamus said blankly. Marigold sighed. He was no help. Marigold grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote a letter to her mom, asking her to keep it in a safe location.
She then repacked the bag in the box and put the letter on top.

"So. How are classes going for everyone?"she asked, drinking her tea.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 16:12

Adelaine's eyes opened a little wider when Marigold said she was only taking 50 galleons. How much was in there? Adele could spend 50 in a heartbeat in the bookshop. Plus, there would be other Hogsmeade trips during the year, whether they were permitted or not.

"I really love Defense," Adele noted, finishing her tea. "Renoir has a very interesting style of teaching, doesn't she?"

"More tea, Adie?" Seamus asked, not waiting for a response as he took her cup and went to make more.

"And flying is amazing, as well," she went on. "Do you think you'll join the team next year?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 16:31

"Yeah. Renoir's class sure is interesting."Marigold agreed, drinking her tea. Marigold got hurt a little when Seamus called Adele Adie. She shrugged it off. They were just close friends.

"I don't know. I'll have to see how I do with the techniques."Marigold replied. She was really excited about flying but still a bit unsure of herself.

"I'm really enjoying Transfiguration. Professor Harcourt is quite a card, isn't he?"Marigold commented. Seamus nodded. He seemed to enjoy Transfiguarion too.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 16:46

Adele gratefully took the tea from Seamus, taking a long sip of it. Truthfully, she had never really had tea until Hogwarts. Highborns never drank it often, gravitating more toward wines and spiced milk and juices. Commoners drank tea because it was far more affordable, and easier to find leaves.

"Ta snakes tink Harcourt's a loon," Seamus commented, furrowing his brow. "But, dey tink anyone who's no' a dark wizard is soft."

Adelaine nodded, thinking back to their old Charms professor. Wilkins-Gregory was nice as could be, but he knew what he was doing and was very skilled. That didn't matter a bit to the Slytherins, though; they talked behind his back every day.

"I still can't believe Arry got a lesson from him," she laughed, pretending she didn't notice Seamus staring at her the past five minutes. "Turns out she's a right natural."

"Who's Arry?" Seamus squinted, as if trying to picture her face.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 17:02

Marigold rolled her eyes. Of course the Slytherins thought that.

"I know right. I may need a lesson from him too."Marigold commented. She was far from a natural.

"Arry is our friend Arya. She's a first year Gryffindor."Marigold explained. Seamus was starring at Adele pretty intensely. Marigold ignored it and continued drinking her tea.

"Watch out for 'em Gryffindors. Not all of tem are loyal."seamus warned. "One of me old Gryffindor friend used me jus' to do his 'omework." Marigold sighed. That was depressing.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 17:31

"I've never met a bad Gryffindor," she chimed in, her eyes nowhere near as cheerful as her voice may have sounded. "And Arya is certainly loyal."

Adele's mind was racing. She tried to stay on topic, but she couldn't help thinking of her conversation with Nadia a couple weeks ago. Talking of betrothals and lords and ladies and all the nonsense of the world they lived in.

"In fact..." she trailed off.

She didn't even realize she was pouring her tea onto the floor. All she could picture was the lordling, Rickon, and joining House Trystain. Adelaine looked between Seamus and Marigold. They were two of her truest friends, surely she could confide in them.

"Father is getting closer to sealing the deal," she started, looking rather helpless. "Within a month it'll be finalized and I'll be betrothed to Lord Rickon."

She grimaced and held her breath, waiting for their responses. These things were always kept on the down low when they were just in the works, no one ever spoke of a marriage contract before it was official.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 18:23

"Yeah. Arya is really nice."Marigold said, pouring her some more tea. Marigold could tell that Adele was off in her own world. So much that she was pouring tea on the floor. Marigold grabbed a towel from the bathroom and cleaned it up for her. Then, Adele broke the news.

Marigold felt a bit indifferent about betrothals. She's a peasant so she wasn't going to be betrothed. She was to be courted by young men and her parents were to approve who she choose. It was purely her choice. But, she still felt sorry for her friend.

"I'm really sorry Adele."was all Marigold could say. She looked at Seamus. He was in the same situtation.

"Tat's really 'rong. Young lads and ladies should be allowed to marry 'cause tey love each other."Seamus said, staring at Adele with an intense anger. Marigold felt really uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 22:31

"At least it's the younger Lord Rickon," Adele mused, drinking from her empty teacup. "And he's..nice enough. Only 27..."

No matter what she said, though, she couldn't find the bright side of this situation. She smiled sadly at Seamus when he mentioned marrying for love. It was a nice thought. But that just wasn't an option for her. Adelaine's future consisted of being married off to a high lord, whom she most likely wouldn't meet until their wedding day, and being his lady wife. For the rest of her life.

All the previous talk of flying and Quidditch made Adele feel...risky. She wasn't content with waiting until January to fly again, or even waiting until morning. She had a better idea.

"Let's get out of here," she said firmly, hopping up and heading toward the stairs to the girl's dorm.

"Whattya mean?" Seamus asked, standing and scratching his head, confused.

"Let's go!" she whisper-shouted. "To the Pitch, let's fly!"

"Ye're mad," he exclaimed, grinning and heading upstairs to change.

"C'mon, Marigold."

Adele ran up the stairs, changed into her breeches and tunic, and ran back to the common room. Seamus was there waiting.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 22:58

27?! He's so much older than her!Marigold thought. Marigold knew that Adele was saddened, knowing that she didn't have a say in the matter, even though it was her future. Marigold smiled when she suggested going to the Pitch. Marigold ran upstairs and changed into a tunic and breeches.

"Adele, we don't have brooms. How are we supposed to fly?"Marigold asked.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/6/2013, 23:22

Adele grinned at her friends. She through the hood of her cloak up and pocketed her wand. They were going to do exactly what Arya had done - hopefully without the impromptu lesson from Harcourt.

"I know a way," she smiled slyly, patting the wand in her pocket.

"Les 'ave a go, den!"

Seamus followed, and Adele assumed Marigold did too.
Back to top Go down
Ariette Deveraux
Ravenclaw: Year 1
Ravenclaw: Year 1

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime7/16/2013, 13:55

Ariette looked around her. Her four-poster bed near the window was all decorated with gold and red and she lied in her bed, wondering what to do. She couldn't sleep, without knowing why. Most of the time she would be able to sleep without even knowing that it was raining outside. Sometimes she was too much of a deep-sleeper, that she didn't really notice anything while sleeping.

Ariette sighed. It was useless. She got up and, after putting her nightgown on, she went down the steps and sat near the fire, deep in her own thoughts. She looked at her watch. 01:18. She would have to do with the sleepiness later that day. She might as well meet a few students her age while going into Hogsmeade...

She got up and stretched. She then went to look at the Notice Board in the Common Room and started exploring every bit of it, taking everything in.

I better go back to bed, and soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can't Sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Sleep?   Can't Sleep? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't Sleep?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: Common Rooms :: Ravenclaw Tower-
Jump to: