Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Can We Fly Now?

Go down 
+7
Miriam David
Deirdre McCalahan
Adelaine Beaumont
Marigold Belet
Kolby Parry
Arya Lanister
Professor Renoir
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jace Chason
Slytherin: Year 2
Jace Chason

Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/11/2013, 19:15

Jace still stood there on the pitch, halfway through the lesson, trying to get her broom up. "Up!" She shouted again as she watched every other person in the class fly. She saw her housemate, Jon, fall, but there wasn't anything she could do. Even the students who'd never flown before were in the air, while Jace was on the ground still.

What would her step-father think? The Chason heir not even getting a broom up. Her mother and step-father had once won the Quidditch cup for Gryffindor, but Jace couldn't even command a broom.
"Up!" She shouted again, very frustrated. But the broom simply would not comply.

It's not like Jace had never flown before, either. Actually, the only time her mother had ever payed her any attention was when she was trying to teach her how to fly. But for some reason, she just couldn't do it, and she was losing hope quickly.

"Come on, up!" Jace shouted a few more times, but to no avail. If only her father were here. Even when her mother and step-father had paid her almost no attention in the Chason manor, her father always knew how to keep Jace's hopes up.

But Jace knew no one here. She'd been way to shy to make any friends in her house and she knew her father would be appalled if she even thought about talking to someone who wasn't a pureblood, possibly even disgusted if she'd talked to someone who wasn't a Slytherin. She'd no friends to help her and she just couldn't do it!

"Please, just please, please, please, come on. Up!" She said, quietly, commanding her broom once more...
Back to top Go down
http://dis0rd-r.tumblr.com/
Miriam David
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Miriam David

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/11/2013, 19:39

Miriam smiled at Mitri's rambling as she wobbled slightly on her broom. She was glad the other girl was keeping pace with her, she'd been lapped by some of their classmates and she was concentrating on staying upright.

"I think I prefer my feet on the ground," she admitted. "I like watching Quidditch, but I don't think I'll try for my house team, I'm having trouble staying on as is." Stifling a small giggle (she didn't want to loose her balance), she added, "I don't mind the rambling."
Back to top Go down
http://myknittinglife.wordpress.com
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/11/2013, 19:52

Arya zoomed around the pitch several times, even quicker than Adelaine. Quicker even than Renoir had done. Well, maybe.. How fast she was going mattered none, though, compared to the euphoria she felt being up in the air, free as a bird.

"Amazing, Deirdre!" she shouted to her friend, turning her direction and landing next to her. "Have you flown before?"

She was just about to hop back on her broom when she noticed that one person (aside from Jon Fyrth) was not flying. She hadn't even gotten her broom up off the ground. If Renoir noticed, the Slytherin would probably be called out and humiliated. Arry walked swiftly to the open chest and grabbed another broom, then headed over to the girl.

"Here, try a new one," she suggested, tossing the broom her way. "Or maybe you just need more confidence. Know you can do it, don't just think you can."

A few months ago, if someone had told Arya she'd be giving people advice on flying on a broomstick, she would have slapped them silly.

((OOC: Couldn't think of anything better than slap them silly..))
Back to top Go down
Jace Chason
Jace Chason

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/11/2013, 20:46

Jace looked shyly up at the girl in front of her, who was just barely taller than her, and smiled slightly, taking the new broom from her. "Thank you." She whispered, in a shaky voice.

"Up!" Jace commanded, confidently, or as confidently as the quiet girl could sound. Finally, the broom gracefully shot up into Jace's hand. Jace smiled and almost started cheering; she was just so happy that she'd finally done it.

She looked back at the other girl and debated whether it was ladylike to hug her. She decided against that, her father wouldn't have her befriending a Gryffindor, which this girl obviously was judging by the color of her uniform.

"Thank you so much," Jace said again, smiling at the girl. In that moment, Jace almost wanted to be friends with her, after all, she'd come down and helped her when she could've just waited for the Professor to notice.

Finally, Jace thought, as she swung one of her skinny legs over the broom and kicked off. As soon as she was in the air she felt the familiar adrenaline from when she used to fly with her mother. The adrenaline was the only good thing Jace ever got from flying. But she'd always known she was an adrenaline junkie.

Even when she was struggling with her previous broom a few moments ago, Jace had heard Professor Renoir's instructions on how to fly, and with the sudden boost of adrenaline, Jace had also gained a sudden boost in her confidence as she quickly flew around the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/12/2013, 03:04

Needless to say, Deirdre was ecstatic! She had never been on a broom before in her life, yet she had managed to fly perfectly in order to save her schoolmate. And Professor Renior had awarded her House points for it!

"Thank you, Professor!" Deirdre thanked her. She was very proud of herself at the moment for her accomplishment.

"Actually, I've never flown before today. It appears I may have a talent for it, though." She told Arya excitedly. "Maybe next year I can try for the Quidditch team. I believe I would be a fair chaser."

Deirdre got back on her broom and rose with more confidence than the last time. Now that she knew she could do it, it didn't seem as difficult or frightening as she had originally thought. She was even able to keep pace with Adele for a time.

She smiled wide. She couldn't wait to write to her parents about it.

((Sorry I haven't been posting lately, guys. I'll try to catch up on everything.))
Back to top Go down
http://cea-robber-of-souls.deviantart.com/
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Professor Renoir

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/13/2013, 20:36

Professor Renoir observed her students once more, and was quite pleased with the progress she saw. There were only a few who still hadn't gotten the knack of it, but that would all change in time. She signaled to Charles, and he went to get the box. 

"Students, listen up!" she shouted.

She paused for a moment waiting for everyone to stop flying and gather round. Meanwhile, Charles brought another chest, slightly bigger than the broom chest. The class watched in excitement. Renoir flicked her wand and the locks clicked. The gamekeeper swung open the lid and stood aside. 

"These are Quaffles," she said, pointing to the twelve brownish balls in the chest. "If you know anything about Quidditch, you know that these are what Chasers use to score."

She pointed to the goalposts. Renoir flew to the ground, yanked up one of the Quaffles by the strap, and flew over to the highest post, slamming it into the basket. She had been a chaser when she went to Hogwarts, and a rather good one at that.

"If you think you'll be able to, try it out and throw it to one another, or try to get it in one of the goals."

Marguerite tossed the ball back into the chest and went to stand by Charles as the students commenced.

((OOC: Before anyone asks: Quaffles were not enchanted until 1875, so there were straps like handles on them, one on each ball. About the color - they were not red until 1711. So right now it's just a patched leather ball with a strap. 

Goalposts -- up until 1883, they were hoops with baskets off the back. 
D
|
|

Hope you can tell what I mean. ))
Back to top Go down
Miriam David
Miriam David

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/13/2013, 22:50

Miriam almost panicked when Professor Renoir said she wanted them to try handling the Quaffles. She was unsteady enough on her broom as it was.

"Um... Professor Renoir?" Miriam asked quietly with a hand raised, "I'm just gonna get going around the field," she continued. She gripped her broom nervously and took off around the field again, not even five feet off the ground. She was still a little wobbly and figured if she was low enough, she wouldn't hurt herself if she took a tumble.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/13/2013, 23:06

Arya looked on as Renoir sped to the highest goalpost and made a perfect throw. Harcourt had said that she was Seeker material, but Arry saw no reason why she couldn't be good at both. 

"May as well give it a try," she said, determinedly. 

She flew down to the chest and grabbed one of the Quaffles. It was a bit awkward, with three finger holes for gripping and a strap that would be more convenient for quickly grabbing it out of the air. Arya tossed it back and forth with a Ravenclaw boy, Joffrey, a few times before getting back up in the air. 

"I'll try and get it in the goal," she said to Joffrey, "Then you catch it, and we'll pass it back and forth, aye?"

Arya sped to the post, which Joffrey hovered beside, and threw the leather ball as hard as she could; it just barely missed, hitting the rim before Joffrey caught it. The Ravenclaw flew around and tossed it straight into the basket. He's quite good, she thought, as he passed the ball to her. 

"Deirdre, wanna join?" she called over to the Hufflepuff. 

She gripped the strap tightly and tossed it back to Joffrey.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/14/2013, 00:30

Deirdre watched Renior toss the Quaffle through the goal post. She figured she must have been on the Ravenclaw team when she went to Hogwarts, what with the skill she had.

I'll have to do throws like that if I get on the team next year. I had better start practicing. She thought. She flew up to Arya and stopped.

"Sure, I'll join. Joffrey, toss it here!" Deirdre shouted after he had put it through the hoop again.

He threw the Quaffle her way and she caught it by the strap. She leaned forward on the broom, speeding up to the goalpost. When Deirdre was a few feet away she threw the Quaffle, just barely making it through the hoop.

"Looks like I need to work on my toss a little, eh, Arya?" She grabbed the Quaffle from the basket and tossed it back to Arya.
Back to top Go down
Jace Chason
Jace Chason

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/14/2013, 21:22

Jace watched the other students start to learn the basics of Quidditch, and quickly decided that the sport was not for her. As she noticed other students almost falling of their brooms just to get to the goal, her mind was set. 

A few students, however, were actually pretty good. If I had skills like they did then surely my mother would be happier with me. Jace sighed and flew slightly lower, still trying to get the hang of the flying around the pitch without wobbling.

As she flew around the pitch, she focused more on just observing the rest of the students. Jace noticed that a bunch of the girls had already become fast friends, and were also making friends with other students to.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/14/2013, 22:45

Adelaine hovered and looked hesitantly at the Quaffles. There was no time to waste, however; if she wanted to be a Beater, she had to be able to hold something in one hand while she flew. This would be a start. 

"Mitri, care to pass the Quaffle?" she asked, turning to the Gryffindor. 

She was only up about ten feet, how dangerous could it be? Mitri was rather klutzy and accident prone on land, but the girl didn't seem to be awful on a broom. Adele grabbed one of the leather balls by the strap and threw it.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/16/2013, 15:01

Marigold had just gotten the hang of the basics when Professor Renoir announced that they would be using Quaffles. Adrenaline was pumping through Marigold's veins because she was going so fast and she was ready to give it a try.

"Deirdre, toss it to me."Marigold said, a few feet from her friend. She was about ten feet away from the goal post. Maybe she could throw the Quaffle into the net. She looked around, trying to spot Kolby or Nadia. They would probably interfere with their game and try to start some mischief.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 00:34

Deirdre changed the direction of her toss toward Marigold. It made her spin almost a full circle but she managed to stay on.

"Fair flying, Marigold?" She asked.

She was enjoying every minute in the air. It made her feel as though she were weightless, unlike horseback riding. She noticed Marigold's looking about.

She must be looking out for Nadia and Kolby. I hadn't thought of them at all. She felt a little twinge of regret at the thought. She still needed to say sorry, after all.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 00:52

Arya smiled so wide it hurt. She loved flying. It was even better than racing across a field on a horse! How had she ever been so terrified of the thought of it before?

"Are any of you considering trying for the house teams?" she asked, secretly hoping she wasn't the only one looking forward to it.

"I know I am," Joffrey shouted back. "Mum always said I'd make a fair Chaser!"

"I've been told I'd make a rather good Seek--"

She was interrupted when a Quaffle came flying toward her out of nowhere. Arry caught it swiftly with one hand and slammed it into the basket. Her first goal! But she had no time to be excited; if she hadn't caught that ball, it'd have smacked her in the head.

"OI, who threw that?!"
Back to top Go down
Miriam David
Miriam David

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 09:13

Miriam was slowly beginning to enjoy her time flying around the feel. She'd stopped wobbling (more or less) and was sitting a little straighter on the broom. She'd even flown a little higher.

She couldn't help but smile a little at the antics of some of her classmates as they began throwing the Quaffle around.

All in all, the lesson had gone far better than Miriam had expected it would. Having never been on a broom before, she had been extremely nervous. She had no idea how well she would do or if she would make a fool of herself.

All in all I think I rather enjoy this, she thought to herself as she began to fly a little higher around the outer edge of the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 12:52

Rose wasn't sure if she was as good as everyone else, since she had seen Deidre save the Slytherin that had fallen off his broom and Arry being a serious natural. I'm in the rank of okay, but not amazing, she thought to herself as Professor Renoir showed the class the quaffles.

She flew up and looked around for a partner. Everyone seemed to be paired or grouped up already, but Adele and Mitri looked like they could use an extra hand. 

"Got it!" Rose shouted as she sped over and intercepted Adele's throw. "Hey Adele! Catch!"

Rose threw the quaffle back to Adele.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/17/2013, 13:14

Adele laughed gleefully when Rose flew in to catch the Quaffle she had thrown to Mitri. She was glad to see the Hufflepuff; they hadn't had the chance to speak much since the Great Bacon Duel. 

"Nice catch!" She caught the ball and tossed it back. "You're not too bad, will you be trying for the house team?"

Adelaine wanted to be a Beater, it seemed a good way to let off steam. Her father and mother had both been on the Slytherin team in their time. Petyr Beaumont was a Beater, Wylla was a Seeker. 

"I'm thinking about being a Beater, myself," she commented. "I wonder if Renoir will let out the Bludgers eventually!"
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 00:07

Kolby loved flying. It was incredible. He was zooming around when a Quaffle was thrown to him. He noticed that a couple of aggressive first years were coming at him. They wanted their ball back. To save his skin, he threw it to Arya. 

"Sorry!"Kolby quickly said to her as he flew off, the first years following him. They didn't realize that he didn't have the Quaffle. 

He zoomed around the pitch at high speed. He could barely see in front of him but he hoped to throw the people chasing him. Then, he realized that they didn't want the Quaffle. They wanted to knock him off his broom. Kolby gulped and took off for the clouds. They didn't follow him. He smiled and straightened, sitting on his broom and enjoying the view. This is great.he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 00:44

Marigold caught the Quaffle Deirdre had thrown her. It was a bit heavier than she imagined but she was used to heavy weight. Carrying huge buckets of water sure built up muscles. 

"For my first time, this is amazing. Cover me. I'm going for the goal."Marigold called to Deirdre. She took off for one of the three goal posts. She quickly noticed that a couple of Gryffindors wanted to try to block her. Marigold tightened her grip on her broom and urged it to go faster, the Quaffle under her arm. She soon realized that she wouldn't make it. 

"Deirdre! Catch!"Marigold said, throwing the Quaffle in Dierdre's direction. She then made a sharp left and cut off one of the Gryffindors so her friend can make a successful catch.
Back to top Go down
Professor Renoir
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Ravenclaw Head Of House
Professor Renoir

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 10:21

Renoir watched on with increasing pride. The Quidditch teams would have some serious talent next year; most of these students seemed to be naturals on the pitch. 

"Very well done, students!" she shouted, actually cracking a smile as she kicked up on her broom. "Now, gather round!"

She waited until the last student fell in line to speak again. Now that they were past this part, it was time to start the real work. 

"You've all done splendidly," she began, hovering before them. "Now, after the Christmas holidays, we shall begin learning the different Quidditch techniques."

The students cheered like madmen, so she waited for the excitement to die down, her annoyance heightening. 

"Throw your Quaffles back in their box, and the brooms in the chest. Practice, and we will meet again in a month!"
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 10:39

Arya's expression softened just a bit when Kolby apologized; since they were allies now it wouldn't do well to kill him.  

"Pass the ball!" she shouted to Joffrey. 

Twenty minutes later, Renoir called them over and gave them the most exciting news Arry had gotten since her letter from Hogwarts had come: they were going to learn techniques! AND they had permission to practice. This meant she wouldn't need to sneak onto the pitch at night anymore. 

"I cannot wait for next term," she exclaimed as she caught up with Deirdre and Marigold. "This year is going by so fast!"

Arry tossed her the ball and broom into their chests and headed to the changing rooms, looking forward to lunch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 13:33

Rose smiled as Adele asked her a question. She hadn't talked to her since The Great Bacon Duel. She was glad to start a conversation with her friend.

"I will definitely be trying out for the house team next year! Both of my parents played for their house team and I want to keep that tradition going!" she said to Adele as Professor Renoir called to their attention.

Rose was delighted at what the professor had just said to all of them. They were going to practice techniques next month AND they could practice anytime they wanted. Finally! I can actually practice! Maybe I could practice with Deidre, Adele, and Marigold! she thought to herself as she flew down and placed her broom carefully into the chest.

"Goodbye professor! Have a good lunch!" she said to Renoir as she went to the changing room to get ready for lunch. Her stomach was rumbling and it was getting on her nerves. It's alright little guy. You'll be full in no time.
Back to top Go down
Miriam David
Miriam David

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 17:01

Miriam landed as gracefully as she could (which involved some stumbling) as the professor called them over. She still wasn't particularly sure about learning some Quidditch moves, but was fairly certain that Professor Renoir wasn't going to give her much of a choice.

She wasn't a Quidditch fanatic like most of her classmates it seemed. Sure, she enjoyed watching the sport, but she didn't think she could ever imagine herself actually playing it.

With a small sigh, she placed her broom with the others. Gathering the few things she'd brough, she turned to Professor Renoir, "Goodbye professor!" she said and turned and started up the hill towards the castle.

Miriam did hope to come back and do some simple flying before the next class though.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/18/2013, 23:14

Adelaine could have jumped for joy at the professor's announcement. She had been looking forward to learning the Quidditch techniques her father had told her about, but wasn't certain they would actually be taught in a class. 

"I'm right there with you, Arry," she agreed as they walked to the changing rooms. "If it's at all possible, I think I may be more excited about Quidditch than Defense."

Adele threw the Quaffle in it's box, and gingerly laid the broom in the chest. Changing into her shift and robes, she made a mental note to come back soon to practice. 

"See you all at lunch!"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/19/2013, 00:29

Deirdre caught the Quaffle and was about to try and make a goal before Renior called them to gather.

"We will finish this some other time!" She told the others.

She was thrilled to hear that they would be allowed to practice over the holiday. And the thought of learning Quidditch techniques was exciting.

"I hope to try for the team next year. Mother may not approve since it's not exactly lady-like, but my father should be proud!" She said.

Deirdre placed the broom and Quaffle in their seperate chests. She caught up with Arya on her way to the changing rooms.

"Are you going to try for the Gryffindor team? Because I think you would do splendidly!" She grinned at her friend.

((A little longer than I'd planned.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can We Fly Now?   Can We Fly Now? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can We Fly Now?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: The Quidditch Pitch :: Flying-
Jump to: