Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

What is a Hufflepuff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwendolen Fitzroy
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Gwendolen Fitzroy

What is a Hufflepuff Empty
PostSubject: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime3/13/2013, 03:44

Gwendolen sat in one of the squashy armchairs in the common room. She had only been at Hogwarts for a short time, but for her it felt like months since she had been sorted.

Still, she was in disbelief that the hat had placed her in Hufflepuff, sure, everyone was nice, but what exactly do Hufflepuffs do? Thankfully, her father nor her mother had been disappointed, her brother however, ignored her in front of his housemates. Gwendolen decided that was normal, she would most likely do the same when her younger siblings came to Hogwarts.

Why Hufflepuff? she thought to herself again, she was certain when the hat had been placed on her head that either Slytherin or Ravenclaw would be called out. Enough people had complimented her on being studious like her mother and ambitious like her father. Instead, she had just sat there for what felt like a hour waiting for the hat to decide before it had called out HUFFLEPUFF!

Lost in thought, Gwendolen never heard the footsteps behind her.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime3/21/2013, 18:53

Deirdre walked into the common room to relax and practice with her flute for a bit. She noticed another girl sitting in one of the chairs and smiled. Any chance to make friends was welcome.

"Hello," she greeted, "My name is Deirdre McCalahan. What is yours?"

She sat in one of the chairs across from the girl, hands crossed over the flute in her lap.
Back to top Go down
http://cea-robber-of-souls.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/15/2013, 11:08

Ah. What a beautiful October morning! Rose thought with a smile as she climbed out of bed. She wrapped her cloak tightly around her. It was rather chilly, yet sunny and delightful at the same time.

"Will you join me in the common room to study, Alice?"

"I'm afraid not, Rose. I'm off to the Quidditch Pitch for some practice," her roommate said with a sigh, obviously regretting the decision to go so early in the morning.

As she walked sleepily through the hallway into the common room, she spotted two girls; one with a seemingly new flute tucked into her lap talking with the other. Rose sauntered over to the fire to sit with them, always pleased to meet new people and engage in a conversation.

"Hello, I'm Rose," she introduced herself with a polite grin. "Mind if I join you two?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/17/2013, 19:06

"I don't mind. Please, have a seat! I'm Deirdre McCalahan. Pleased to meet you." Deirdre smiled warmly at the girl.

She didn't have friends where she lived so she wanted Hogwarts to be a place where she could socialize with people her age.
I'll make friends in my own House for now, but I hope I can befriend those nice girls from the other Houses as well.

"Are you enjoying Hogwarts? It's quite thrilling for me, to be perfectly honest!" She giggled.

((Sorry it's so short and pitiful. Sad ))

Last edited by Deirdre McCalahan on 5/20/2013, 11:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwendolen Fitzroy
Gwendolen Fitzroy

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/20/2013, 02:09

Gwendolen startled at the sound of two new voices talking nearby
"Sorry, I didnt hear you there, its nice to meet you, my name is Gwen" she smiled uncertainly at the other girls.
One of the girls had mentioned Hogwarts.
"Hogwarts?" ,she said a bit distracted " yes, its nice enough it'll be nice to be around other witches and wizards"

Getting straight to the heart of what was bugging her, "What do you think of the Hat? Do you end up in the house you thought you would join?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre McCalahan
Deirdre McCalahan

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/20/2013, 11:43

"Well," Deirdre began, "I can say I wasn't expecting a talking hat. I'm completely new to magic, myself, so I had no idea what to expect. But I do think I'm in the right House. After all, no one House is better than any other, right? We're all Sorted by the qualities that define us. We Hufflepuffs are known for loyalty, kindness, and hard work. Those are traits that no one should take lightly."

She blushed a little as she realized she might sound like her father.

"Sorry for talking your ear off. My mother wasn't the happiest with my placement. When she heard of the Sorting and such she was bent on my being Sorted to Slytherin so I could "learn from other nobility on how to behave." I had already known she would try to push me towards whatever she wanted from this, but the Sorting Hat has spoken and I'm happy with his choice. And I'm rambling again. Just ignore me."

Deirdre mentally slapped herself for talking too much. Really, what was wrong with her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/25/2013, 22:03

Rose was intrigued by Deidre's story, especially that her mother wanted her to be in Slytherin since she was so humble. She wondered what her family's house history was, as she was always so curious.

"I'm sorry, but, did you just say that your mother wanted you in Slytherin? But you're so nice and humble! I would never imagine you to be in Slytherin!" she said, obviously shocked about her mother being angry.

"Anyway, I'm glad I'm in Hufflepuff! The Sorting Hat does kind of creep me out, but it's all good! So sorry. I've been talking for ten minutes! Are you excited for your classes to start?" she says, hoping that she was in at least one of her classes.

Please, let them be in one of my classes. I would be so grateful! she thought to herself as she shut her eyes and crossed her fingers. Oh god, please let her be!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime5/29/2013, 17:45

Beatrix walked into the Hufflepuff common room. Looking around the room her eyes sparkeled with amazement.

Wow I can't believe I made it all the way here. She thought to herself.

noticing others in the room she looked at them and Smiled big showing off her chiclet smile.

hello! how is everyone? I asked cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey Clerinell
Aubrey Clerinell

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime2/12/2014, 16:39

Aubrey entered the common room surprised by the great and lovely room, then she noticed three other hufflepuffs were talking so she said

"Hello, I'm Aubrey, I wish I'm not cutting anything, could I please join the conversation?" She said politely as she went near them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Hufflepuff   What is a Hufflepuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a Hufflepuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: Common Rooms :: Hufflepuff Common Room-
Jump to: