Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Help:Lost Owl!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

Help:Lost Owl! Empty
PostSubject: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime1/21/2013, 11:18

Marigold took a few deep breaths at the door of the Owlery. After climbing a numerous amount of stairs,she had finally made it. She wiped her brow and looked at all the owls. It was still daytime and they were sleeping peacefully. She smiled and looked through the cages to try to find her elf owl,Orin.

Orin,like most elf owls,was a tiny little thing. He was 13 inches tall and his wings were 10 inches wide. He was black and white,making him unique among all the other owls. And,while he was small,he could carry up to five letters at one time. Marigold smiled to herself as she spotted a cage that was smaller than the rest.

"Orin? I got some yummy crickets for you. You can have them if you take this letter to mom for me."Marigold said,approaching the cage. It was covered with a cloak that had her name etched into it and a Ravenclaw symbol. She pulled off the cloak and looked into the cage. She gasped with surprise when she discovered that Orin wasn't there.

Perhaps I got the wrong cage. But,no other first years has an Elf Owl.she thought looking around the Owlery. Marigold looked in all the cages,in case someone had taken him out and then put him the wrong one. But,no on was to touch another persons owl. She knew that.

"Orin. Orin."Marigold called out,in case he picked the lock and got out of the cage. He was very smart,for an owl. But,after ten minutes,Marigold couldn't find him anywhere. She sat on the floor and began to cry.

"Where could he be?"she asked herself.
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Gryffindor: Year 2
Mitri Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime1/26/2013, 21:12

Mitri headed up the torturous amount of stairs, letter in hand. With shallow breaths, and a hand clutched to her side in pain, she entered the Owlery to the sound of tears. Concerned, Mitri hurriedly approached the crying girl. Luckily, she noticed the girl was Ravenclaw. That meant, that she wouldn't be so emotional, like a Hufflepuff might be, that she couldn't answer Mitri's questions. Nor was she Slytherin, which likely would have meant that Mitri would have cried and the Slytherin would have ended up laughing. And Gryffindors... not to disrespect her house, Mitri wasn't oblivious to the carelessness of her Housemates as she often demonstrated it herself.

"Um... hi? I'm Mitri, can I help you? Or would you rather cry? I mean, no one likes to cry, unless you do! If so, then cry away! But... I don't know."
Mitri stammered.

Mitri never was one to be very consoling, her mother always teased her that if she tried to make a rock feel pretty the poor thing would sprout tear ducts and cry. Mitri shook the negative thoughts off and looked around the Owlery in hope to wind some sign of what had made this girl cry. Nothing appeared out of place, Athena was in her cage as were majority of the other owls. Mitri noted, the cage in front of the sobbing girl was empty however and wondered if this could be the cause of the girl's tears.

"Is it something to do with your lack of owl? You could always borrow Athena, I don't mind." Mitri said cheerily.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime1/26/2013, 21:45

"Oh. Hi. I'm Marigold. And,yes,you can help me. And,no,I don't like to cry. It's just that.....my elf owl,Orin. I don't know where he is. He wasn't in his cage when I came up here."she explained to Mitri.

She looked back at the empty cage.

"He's so small,only 13 inches. I hope he's all right."she muttered to herself,bringing her legs to her chest. She saw the girl's letter in her hand.

"And,no. It's alright. Thank you for offering though. Your owl wouldn't know the way to my house in Norwich and I'm sure your letter is much more important. But,thank you for the kind offer. I appreciate it."Marigold replied. She glanced up the rafters.

I wonder if we could get a ladder. He might be up there. But,wouldn't he have come to me when I called his name?she thought to herself. She sighed and looked up there again.

"Do you think it's possible that he's asleep on top of the rafters?"she asked Mitri,standing up and brushing off her robes.
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Mitri Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime1/26/2013, 23:37

Putting her letter aside for the moment, Mitri stood on her toes in hopes to get a better view of the rafters. Sadly, she was much too short. A bit of quick thinking hit her though and she hurried to her owl's cage.

"Perhaps Athena can help us?" she suggested, "Athena, fly up to the rafters and look Orin please? I have a treat for you!" Mitri persuaded her owl. Athena flew up into the rafters and Mitri once again faced the girl.

"If all fails, we can attempt making a human ladder of sorts by one of us lifting the other to see into the rafters, what do you say?" Mitri asked expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime1/28/2013, 22:20

Marigold nodded and watched as Athena flew up to the rafters. She wiped her tears and calmed her breathing. Professor Renoir would be disappointed because Marigold wasn't thinking rationally and instead went to her first emotion.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.she thought to herself,beating herself up. She hated that she was emotional. But,that was all part in being a girl. She frowned and waited for Athena to fly back down.
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Mitri Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime1/30/2013, 00:10

Mitri saw Marigold's inner conflict and decided to keep to herself about it, a rare occurrence. Athena had been gone for a while when Mitri began to worry. The worst scenarios popped into her head, what if the owls were stuck up there, what if they were injured, or most radical, what if they were not responding because.... well you get the picture.

"Do you think something is preventing them from coming down? I'm worried, generally Athena is rather quick. She is not a stupid owl, hence her name. I'm afraid we will have to go up there ourselves. Any ideas?"
Mitri asked worriedly.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime2/1/2013, 00:30

"Well,we could do what you talked about earlier with the human ladder thing. Or,we could find a ladder or something.Or....."Marigold said,pulling out her wand. She looked at Mitri.

"Okay. Don't tell anybody,but I read ahead in the DADA textbook. And,I learned to use the Locomotor spell. So,if it's okay with you,I could lift you off the ground and you can get them down.But,that's only if your okay with it."Marigold asked,flipping her wand over in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Mitri Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime3/11/2013, 16:45

Mitri looked up to the rafters with skepticism. She had observed that Marigold was a talented witch in their classes together but was hesitant to trust Marigold in such a task. If it were any other person, Mitri would have likely refused.

Shaking off her hesitation, Mitri said, "If you are sure you can cast it on me, let's do it! What have you performed the spell on previously?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime3/11/2013, 16:53

"Books. Small things. My suitcase."Marigold said, also looking at the rafters. She was glad that Mitri trusted her. It was rare that anyone ever did. She was often shunned and ridiculed by most people. Probably because she was a bit annoying.

"Alright Mitri. We're gonna go slow and steady. Ready?"she asked, raising her wand.

I hope this works.Marigold thought to herself. Be confident.her heart whispered. She took a deep breath.

"Locomotor."she said.
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Mitri Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime5/16/2013, 21:44

Mitri was hesitant to allow Marigold to perform the spell on her, but didn't want to offend the girl. Marigold herself seemed doubtful that she could correctly cast the spell, perhaps she needed some Gryffindor courage.

"Let's do it!" Mitri encouraged.

All started off well, Mitri slowly making her way up to the rafters, but suddenly something happened and Mitri was sent crashing into the floor.

"My ankle!" Mitri gasped in pain, clutching said ankle with water gathering in her eyes.

(OOC: Sorry, this sucks. And for being soooo slow!)
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 15:18

Marigold rushed forward to Mitri to help her up. She didn't know what went wrong. Maybe my magic gave out? I've never moved something that slowly before.she thought to herself. She started crying when Mitri hurt her ankle.

"I'm so sorry Mitri. This is all my fault. My magic gave out. I'm so sorry."Marigold apologized, helping Mitri up. Tears streamed down her face. I'll never be a great witch. Never, never, never. Oh. This is all my fault.she thought to herself, beating herself up.

"Come on. Let's go to the Hospital Wing."she said, wrapping her arm around Mitri's shoulder and leading her towards the door, forgetting all about the two lost owls and focusing on getting her friend the medical attention she needed.

This is all my fault.

(OOC: One more post from Mitri and we can close this thread. Yay! A successfully completed thread between two students. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Mitri Montgomery
Mitri Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime5/19/2013, 16:37

Mitri didn't know which was sadder, the state of her ankle or Marigold looking as if she were ready to break down. Trying to lessen the girl's tears, Mitri put on a reassuring, if a little pain filled, smile.

"Don't worry, I've broken bones before. Gryffindors are made to be resilient. And just think, in the Muggle world healing bones takes ages, here it'll be faster than ever! Don't fret, it was an honest accident. I've had my own share of mistakes, especially if magic is involved." Mitri chuckled as they left the Owlery.

It hadn't been the best day, but Mitri felt confident that she and Marigold were on the path to becoming close friends. Nothing like a broken bone to pull people together!

(OOC: We are done! HURRAY!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help:Lost Owl!   Help:Lost Owl! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help:Lost Owl!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: The Owlery-
Jump to: