Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Books,Books,And More Books!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

Books,Books,And More Books!!! Empty
PostSubject: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/18/2013, 00:18

Marigold wandered into the library,looking for the Sorcerous Subjects section. She was looking for a book her father told her about. History of Ethical Magic. History of Ethical Magic. she repeated in her head,running her finger over the books.

Some of the titles scared her. Hermetic Academics? Paradoxical Sciences?

Who studied these fields of magic? she thought,furrowing her brow in confusion. Marigold shrugged and continued through the shelves,which had a thin layer of dust and grim on it.

She shuttered,remembering now dirty her mother's landowners library was. Thick volumes,all covered in mold and mildew. Marigold gulped and shook her head. She shouldn't think about disgusting things like that. She came to the end of the shelve and sighed.

"I wish I had some help."she said,gazing disappointingly at the number of shelves she still had to check.

Last edited by Marigold Belet on 1/20/2013, 17:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/19/2013, 17:40

Adelaine was quietly sifting through the pages of the tattered black book her father had gotten for her. The grumpy old shopkeeper in Flourish and Blotts thought he'd deny her purchasing it; she outsmarted him. She knew her father would jump at the chance to get her a book such as this.

"Fascinating," she breathed, studying the illustrations. More often than not she found herself questioning what on earth would drive a person to go to such drastic lengths as to..she shuddered, not wanting to think about what she'd read.

How had this book found it's way to a shelf in a book shop? Probably some old wizard had stowed it there, laughing at the sorry person who bought the thing. Little would he have suspected it would be in the hands of an eleven year old. Secrets of the Darkest Art wasn't exactly first year reading material.

Suddenly, Adele heard a distant voice. Someone was moving closer. Quickly, she shoved the book into her bag and pulled a random book from the nearest shelf. Jarveys: Speaking the Truth? A rather juvenile volume, but it would have to do. She flipped through the pages and "resumed" reading a particularly detailed dialogue between a jarvey and a warlock when Marigold Belet appeared.

"Why, hello there Marigold," she greeted the girl nervously. "What brings you to the library today?"

Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/19/2013, 20:08

Marigold jumped in surprise. She wasn't expecting Adele to be there.

"Oh! Hi Adele. You scared me."she answered,looking at the shelves."I'm just looking for a book that my father told me about. It's supposed to be an amazing read."

She scanned the shelves surrounding the small reading area. She sighed and looked at Adele.

"Perhas you could help me? I can't find it anywhere."Marigold asked.

Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 04:39

Adele almost sighed in relief. She didn't exactly want to be known for reading a book about the rudeness of jarveys, but it worked.

"Certainly I'll help you," she responded with a smile. "I was just doing a..a bit of light reading, myself."

She awkwardly shoved the jarvey book back on its shelf and hefted her bag over her shoulder. It was a rather quiet day in the library. Well..it was always quiet. But there was quite a lack of people. Perhaps something was going on in the castle?

"So tell me," she started, tugging at her robes. "What's this book you're looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 16:19

"I'm looking for a book called The History of Ethical Magic.According to the librarian,it's located in the Sorcerous Subjects section. It's such a big section though. I barely know where to begin."Marigold explained to Adele. It was a huge section,containing fifteen book shelves,each of them being sixteen shelves high. Marigold sighed and began searching the nearest book shelve.

"I was hoping to find a copy at Flourish and Blotts,but I didn't have any Galleons to spares."Marigold commented,as she started scanning the books.

"So,I decided to come here the first chance I got. So,here I am. What were you doing here?There's hardly anyone in the library."Marigold asked. This was her third day searching for the book. She knew hardly anyone came in here. And,when someone would,it would be upper class men. And she was to afraid to ask them for help. Especially the Slytherins that hung out near the back of the section. They've been known for bullying first years. Especially Ravenclaws.

Back to top Go down
Morgana Delecoeur
Hufflepuff: Year 2
Morgana Delecoeur

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 16:29

Morgana walked quietly into the library hoping to find something interesting to read. she begins to walk down the first aisle flicking through all the different books, hoping one will take her fancy.

suddenly she hears what sounds like two girls talking, she spins round suddenly at the source of their voices and sees the pair just a few feet ahead. she walks backwards deeper into the aisle, keeping her eyes on them hoping not to be seen but but promptly knocks over a pile of books making a lot of noise.

she begins picking up the books frantically and hoped the librarian wouldn't mind too much
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 16:46

Adelaine hadn't even realized she was in the Sorcerous Subjects section of the library. Why on earth would there be a book on jarveys here? Probably some silly first year (though third years were the worst) thinking it would be funny to misplace books. It really irked her, especially since the library was so huge it was almost impossible to find something you've lost. Unless there was a spell for that...

"What do you want with that book?" she asked the girl curiously.

Plucking the jarvey book back off the shelf, Adele decided she would give it to the librarian to put it in its rightful place. She almost felt that she was doing her job as a Ravenclaw. Skimming over the books on the second bookshelf, she felt the need to kick something. It would take them years to find this book! Well, days perhaps.

"Have you ever seen so many books?"

Suddenly, a loud crash echoed through the library. It sounded rather close to them, so Adelaine dropped the jarvey study in her bag and walked toward the direction of the clatter to investigate. It was Morgana, looking a bit suspicious with a pile of books on the floor, not too far from where the two Ravenclaws had been standing. Had she been spying on them?

"Hello, Morgana.." she began cautiously. "What are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/20/2013, 17:00

"Oh my dad told me about the book before he went off to Dover. He really wanted me to read it. He said that it was unlike any book you've ever read."Marigold replied to Adele's question.

Marigold patiently scanned her eyes and finger over every shelve. She stopped when she couldn't reach a book anymore. She sighed and grabbed a ladder.Locking the ladder into place,she went up to the fourth shelve.

"No. I've never seen this many books before. Then again,Hogwarts is known for their fantastic library."she replied to Adele's second question.

A sudden loud crash took grabbed the girls attention. Marigold sighed and slowly climbed down the ladder. Adele was already at the scene of the crime. It was Morgana,trying to pick up the books she had dropped.

"Hello,Morgana. Would you like some help?"she asked,already picking up a couple of books.

How strange. I wonder what she was doing here.Marigold thought,staring at Morgana.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Delecoeur
Morgana Delecoeur

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!    Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/21/2013, 14:07

Morgana looked up at the two girls that now stood in front of her, "sorry, i .. i was looking for a book and knocked this pile down" she blushed, pointing to the books scattered on the floor.
"i hope the librarian wont be cross with me" she sighed picking up more books. she looked up as Marigold asked if she needed help "urm, yes please... if you dont mind?" she asked

she wondered what the two girls thought of her, spying on them maybe, when she had innocently come in to try find out more about broom techniques before her first flying lesson. after all she didn't want people laughing at her.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/21/2013, 16:02

Marigold continued picking up books. The thick books were heavy and after holding about three,she had to put them on the table. It was to much to carry for her. She did look at the titles,wondering if the book she was looking for was here.

"Oh, I sure the librarian won't mind. She's very understanding."Marigold commented. After a couple of minutes,the books were in the correct spot on the shleve.

"So,Morgana,why were you in the library?Looking for a book?"Marigold asked.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime1/26/2013, 21:11

A likely story.. Adelaine thought curiously as she sized up the Hufflepuff girl. She had been raised to be suspicious of people and wary of eavesdroppers. With a sigh, she figured Morgana must be as innocent as she acted; why would she want to listen in on their conversation in the first place?

"A book on flying techniques it would seem," Adele announced as she sifted through the pile of leather-bound books on the floor.

Adelaine hadn't even thought about their upcoming flying lesson. She'd been on a broom since she was seven, just little excursions here and there with her father. He wanted her to at least know the basics so she wouldn't make a fool of herself in public.

"What did you want it for?" she asked, as politely as she could. "I don't suppose you're planning on trying out for the Quidditch team?"
Back to top Go down
Morgana Delecoeur
Morgana Delecoeur

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime2/12/2013, 08:42

((OOC sorry its been so long since i last posted, i have been suffering with migraines so had to stay away from laptop))

Morgana shuffled slightly i just wanted to learn i little before our first flying lesson she whispered. ive never flown before you see she blushed a deep crimson red.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime2/21/2013, 23:06

"Oh. Yes. I've never flown before either so smart idea Morgana. Adele here was helping me look for a book. If we searched together, we can find both book in no time."Marigold proposed, hoping that they can help each other.

Hopefully, I can find the book. she thought to herself.

Back to top Go down
Morgana Delecoeur
Morgana Delecoeur

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime2/24/2013, 05:18

Morgana smiled sweetly at the idea yes that sounds like a great idea begins to look round for the book in question
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Ellington
Headmaster
Headmaster
Headmistress Ellington

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime3/11/2013, 18:29

This thread has been closed due to a decline in progress.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/hogwartsmedieval
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books,Books,And More Books!!!   Books,Books,And More Books!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books,Books,And More Books!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Hogwarts :: The Library-
Jump to: