Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

A Guest at Beaufort

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adelaine Beaumont
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Adelaine Beaumont

A Guest at Beaufort Empty
PostSubject: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime1/26/2015, 01:14

Adelaine was sifting through the large wooden trunk in the corner of her room, searching for a letter she'd hidden. It was one Seamus had sent a week earlier and she wanted to read through it one more time.

"He simply can't," she muttered to herself as she stuffed her arm into a pile of clothes. "Where is it?"

Seamus told her on the their last night at Hogwarts that he wasn't coming back next year. She'd had plenty of time to get used to the idea, but she just couldn't. And he'd explained again in the letter how bad things were now that his father was back. But his father was a muggle; surely there was some way to hide from him. It wasn't like they needed him, he never gave them any money or help, just bruises and fear.

"Oh! I hid it under the basin," she remembered, hopping up.

"Adele?"

Adelaine froze halfway across the room. It sounded like Marigold. But...it couldn't be..could it? Slowly, she turned toward the fireplace.

"Marigold!" she squealed, pulling her friend from the fire. "What on earth??"

She rushed around the room, drawing the curtains of the large bay windows that lined the rounded walls of the tower. Quickly, she locked the door with her wand and sat Marigold down in an armchair, waiting for an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime1/27/2015, 00:39

Marigold sat in the armchair, trying to control her shaking and the tears streaming from her eyes.

"I was at a party at the de Hattes. And, we were attacked. And, I shuck Arya and Asher in and I don't know if they got out! And, I don't know if Robert got out because he was knocked unconsciousness and if they captured him.......it'll be disastrous! And, my parents! I don't know if they're okay," she explained, half delirious. The tears flowed freely down her cheeks and she gripped the arm chair to try to stop shaking.

"They could be dead, Adele! And, it'll be all my fault," she said between sniffles.

"Lady Adelaine, are you ready for bed?" a servant girl asked, twisting on the door knob.

"You have to hide. At least for tonight. Please, Adele," she whispered begged.

"Lady Adelaine, why is your door locked?" the servant girl asked.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime1/27/2015, 22:28

Adelaine put her arm over Marigold's shoulders and tried to calm her down. She only understood about half of what the girl said, but she heard enough.

"Who attacked? Were they wizards?" she asked, before she heard a knock on the door.

"Lady Adelaine, are you in there?" Mary, her handmaid, repeated.

"Yes, one moment, I'm dressing," she lied, looking around the room.

She had to find some place for Marigold to hide..but where? The only spot that caught her eye was the trunk. Forgive me, Marigold, she thought to herself before pulling the girl out of the chair. She quickly opened the trunk and shoved her friend inside.

"It's roomy, don't worry," she promised. "And there's a crack so you'll be able to breath."

Quiet as she could, she closed the lid.

"Coming, Mary," she sang, unlocking the door. The handmaid looked at her curiously. "I was just changing."

"Yes, m'lady," Mary nodded.

The young girl moved into the room and hastily turned down the bed and put clean water in the basin. Normally she set out clothes and things for the next day, but she seemed to sense that something was going on. As soon as she left, Adele flipped open the trunk.

"You okay?" she asked Marigold.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/3/2015, 23:32

Marigold stayed quiet as a church mouse when Adele put her in the trunk. She popped out and nodded.

"I'm fine," she said, wiping her eyes. She looked at her clothes, which had black spots on them from the soot in the chimney.

"Yes. It was wizards. I have a lot to explain, but first, I have to try to contact Robert or my father," she said, digging around in her bag. She pulled out a small leather pouch which was at the bottom of the bag and dumped a Galleon into her hand. She felt it and then covered her mouth.

"It's supposed to be hot," she said, looking at the numerals around the edges. The last time they got separated was when they were travelling around Germany. Each number represented a letter. It said 'Dresden' at the moment or '4 18 5 19 4 5 14'. That's where they met. That was also the last time Marigold saw Alys. Marigold sighed.

"Well, I don't know where he is. He still could be unconscious at the de Hattes. Or, he could be captured. But, I shouldn't send him my location until the morning, just to be sure," she said, running her hands through her hair.

"I guess I owe you an explanation. You might want to sit down. It's an incredibly long story," she commented, sitting down in the chair. She sighed and began to weave her tale.

"We got to Germany and everything was fine for the first four days. Parties, food, drinks, fun, boys, love. The wedding was beautiful and they were discussing letting me stay longer, for possibly the whole summer. But, on the fifth day there, the whole atmosphere changed. Apparently, the Baums, who control Middle Germany, were furious at the Cosins, who control Lower Germany, for attacking outlying villages, which wasn't true. So, the Baums assembled a small army and attacked Hamburg, where we were staying........a lot of people died that day......" Marigold slowed down, remembering the guards that she came to know and Alys' Mutter, who became like a grandmother to her. She cleared her throat and shook her head. She couldn't dwell on that.

"Most of the Cosins got away, but we were scattered in different areas. I was lost in the woods around Hamburg, when I met up with Wilheim and Freida, the youngest of the Cosins. They were only 2 and 3 years old. So, together, we traveled for a while. Then, we met up with Gloriana. From there, we disapparated to Dresden, where we met up for a moment. Then, the Cosins decided to remain scattered until their father can build an army to take back Hamburg,"she said, recounting the day she had to say good bye to her adopted family.

"That's how Robert and I ended up together. He wanted to remain close to Germany, in case his father needed him, so he agreed to travel around England and train me in the process. The younger ones are in Sweden. The older ones went into hiding in surrounding countries. I hear Gloriana is in Italy and that Seraphina is in Greece. I don't know where Alys is," she finished, unable to feel her fingers. She was physically shaking, but she wasn't crying. It was just a lot to get off her chest.

"I blended in with the family very well. The Baums think I'm a long lost sister that they sent to England to get a good education. That's why they're still hunting us down. We traveled around for a bit, then Robert decided to return me back to my parents when he thought we were in the clear. He was wrong. The de Hattes threw a party and some of the Baums soldiers attacked. Arya and Asher were there and I pray they made it home safely. Robert will hopefully be coming through soon. But, if not......" she was unable to finish her sentence. She didn't want to believe that Robert was captured or killed.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/5/2015, 17:03

Adelaine sat across from Marigold and listened carefully. It was quite a lot of information to take in, the story seemed to last forever. She didn't know what to say at the end.

"I'll write to Arya at once," she decided, hopping up. Then, she realized Marigold was rather shaken up, so she turned back and hugged her. "And you'll write to Lord de Hattes. I'm sure everything is fine, the Lydales and de Hattes are all skilled wizards."

Rushing over to her desk, she pulled out two pieces of parchment, a bottle of dark green ink (standard color for the previously all Slytherin Beaumont family), and two golden quills. She handed one set to Marigold, and kept the other for herself. Dipping the tip in the ink, she began to write. She figured she shouldn't give much info away, in case the letter fell into the wrong hands.

A.L.,
M is safe.  Are you and A.R. safe?
Send news, but in code.

A.B.

"Be sure to send yours in code," she said over her shoulder, rolling the parchment into a scroll. She mused at the fact that so many of them had names that started with 'A'.

A knock at the door made her jump.

"Adelaine," her father's cold voice spoke. "Open up."

Eyes wide, Adele looked at Marigold.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/10/2015, 23:06

Marigold quickly wrote a letter to Lord de Hattes, all in code that her father will be able to decode. She put it by Adele's letter and flinched when Adele's father requested to come in the room.

"Oh no," she whispered quietly. She had to think of something, fast. She looked around the room. She could get in the trunk again but her father might check that. She had to use her disillusionment spell. She felt her person for her wand and she eyes widened. It wasn't with her. She could have cursed herself. Stupid, stupid, stupid, she thought, quietly digging through her bag, wondering if she packed it or if Robert packed it for her. Yes! she thought with success, pulling out her wand.

But, then, the door was unlocked and Adele's father came in. Scheisst, she thought with dread.

"Adele, who's this?" her father asked, in "that" voice. That calm voice that has murderous undertones and definitively means punishment when it's used. I'm so going to the dungeons. I'm dead. I'm dead, she panicked in her head, as she stood there like a deer caught in a hunter's sight.

"Adele. Who. Is. This?" her father asked again, this time emphasizing each word when neither girls answered. Adele was just as panicked as Marigold. I just got her in soooo much trouble. She won't want to be my friend anymore. Scheisst, Marigold thought. She looked at Adele, hoping she could talk to her father.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/11/2015, 00:41

Adelaine was still as a statue, eyes wide as saucers. Her father was glaring at Marigold, and he asked her yet again who she was.

"This..is my new handmaid, father," she lied, taking a deep breath.

"I don't recall Gwen informing me of a new hire," Lord Beaumont said, turning his icy gaze upon her.

"She must have forgotten," Adelaine peeped.

"Really?" he replied coolly, not buying it. "Well then, I suppose I'll have to...deal with her. Gwen knows better, she'll be out of a job and a home....if you're telling me the truth."

The two stared at each other, unblinking. Adele had to think fast. She couldn't live with the guilt of having the poor old matron thrown out on the streets, could she? But she couldn't tell the truth, Kenric would never approve of her befriending a peasant. What was she to do?

"This is my friend from school, father," she sighed, putting on as pleading an air as possible. "She's in trouble and she needs a place to stay. Just until the term starts..."

"I see," he said calmly, but despicably. He looked at Marigold. "And why should I let you stay?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/12/2015, 20:17

Marigold was terrified. She almost didn't want to speak but she had to come up with something. Then, she had an idea.

"Hallo. I am Anneliese Cosin, fifth daughter to Lord Kristof of Low Germany. My family and I are being hunted by another family. If you allow me to stay, I'll be sure to put a good word in with my father and I'm sure he'll pay you a handsome sum for housing me," she lied convincingly. At first, he looked like he didn't believe her story. Then, he started nodding along.

"Why are you dressed like a peasant? And, why do you speak good English?" he asked. Marigold saw why he was Slytherin; he was very observant. She could also see how she was Adele's dad; he was very smart.

"It's a disguise, to blend in and move unseen. And, I go to school with Adele, like she said. My father sent me to England to get a proper education when I small," she again lied. Adele's father looked at her up and down.

"What can you offer me?" he asked.

"I can be a companion for your daughter. I'm also willing to work for just room and board," she offered. He thought about it for a moment.

"Perhaps," he simply said, staring at her.She looked at Adele. What should she do?
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/14/2015, 20:22

Adelaine knew Lord Kenric sensed the lie straight away. He was clever as a fox. She didn't know what to do. Marigold wouldn't understand; there was no point in lying to her father, because he'd never believe it. He would get the truth out of them no matter what.

"Father," she sighed, coming clean. "She's my friend from school, as I said. She's a servant in the house of Lord de Hattes, not the daughter of the Cosins of Germany."

"I see," he nodded, glaring at Marigold.

"But she is being hunted down," Adele added quickly.

"By wizards?"

"Yes, my lord," she said truthfully. "But-"

"Adelaine, do you expect me to endanger my own house for the sake of this peasant?" he asked, looking at her coldly.

"It's only for a couple weeks!" she exclaimed.

"Do not raise your voice to me!" he reprimanded, grabbing her arm tightly. "I will not be a part of this!"

"M'lord?"

They both turned to see Mary standing in the doorway.

"What is it?" he spat, letting go of Adele.

"If it please m'lord, we could use an extra hand down in the kitchens," she suggested quietly, staring at he ground. "The girl's got servin' experience."

You could've heard a pin drop in the room, it was so silent. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath. Adele could have kissed Mary for being so brave. After what felt like forever, Kenric spoke.

"The girl will stay in the servants' quarters and work in the kitchens starting tomorrow," he decided, quite unhappily. "You will remember your place in this castle and you will not interrupt her work, you will not interact with her at all. Understood?"

"Yes, father," Adelaine peeped. Lord Beaumont shot her one last icy glare and left the room, Mary following. Adele closed the door and looked at Marigold with a small triumphant grin.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime2/27/2015, 01:11

Marigold stayed silent as Adele explained everything. Sometimes the lie works, sometimes it doesn't. She breathed a sigh of relief when she was allowed to stay.

"You're a genius. I am sooo sorry," she apologized. She smiled and looked in her bag, to find another dress. But, all of them were too fancy, too elegant for normal servant wear. She took them out one by one, all folded up and pretty. She didn't need to hold on to these until the school year started again.

"Can I leave these with you? Think of it as a thank you for saving me," she asked, showing her the dresses. She had about five of them, one in red, one in green, two in blue (one of them the dress she wore to Alys' wedding) and one in orange. There was a knock on the door and Mary came in.

"Thank you so much! I know how hard that was," Marigold said, hugging the girl. She smiled and nodded. She had brought her a serving dress. Then, she saw the dresses on the bed.

"Are you really a Cosin? Only a noble would have these," she asked. Marigold looked at Adele.

"I was their special guest. They're a gift from them," she simiply said. Mary just nodded and handed Marigold the serving dress.

"Go change. Then, I show you your bed in the serving quarters," she instructed. Marigold nodded and went to Adele's bathroom to change. She noticed that this was an odd serving dress. Normally, she was in brown, just normal brown. But, this dress was green. But, that's not even their colors. Maybe it a symbol of their Slytherin background. Interesting, she thought. She came back in the room.

"Oh. That's a good fit on you. Well, Lady Adelaine, we'll be leaving now. Have a good night, My Lady," Mary said, gesturing for Marigold to follow her.

"Have a good night, My Lady," Marigold echoed, a sly smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guest at Beaufort   A Guest at Beaufort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guest at Beaufort
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Medieval :: Outside of Hogwarts :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: