Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
The After Party  Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
The After Party  Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
The After Party  Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
The After Party  Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
The After Party  Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
The After Party  Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
The After Party  Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
The After Party  Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
The After Party  Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
The After Party  Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

The After Party

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/11/2014, 17:55

Marigold left Jack with Asher and went into the Hospital Wing. It was chaotic. Alys was nowhere to be seen, which is rare for her. Seamus and Symon were arguing, which didn't surprise Marigold. She knew that they could only get along for so long before they fell apart. Elsa and Jon were just watching from the second bed. Jack and Asher arrived, Asher helping Jack on a bed. Almost all the beds were full. Marigold put her hand to her forehead. She was going to be up late tonight.

Marigold went over to the far wall and tapped some bricks with her wand. The brick wall expanded to make room for more people. She then went to Alys' office and knocked on the door.

"Waky waky! Eggs and bakey! We have injured people here!"she practically shouted. She knew Alys had her hidden bedroom behind the wall in her office. Marigold would have to yell to get her attention. She pounded on the door a few more times then went to organizing hospital wing. She put blank charts and instrument kits on people's side tables; she moved beds in the order of most important to least important. She moved from cabinet to cabinet, getting potion after potion after potion of medicines and dropping them off in the appropriate places.

"You go girl."Elsa said, watching Marigold dart around like a busy bumblebee. Marigold just smiled and shook her head. Alys finally came out of her office. Marigold bounced up to her.

"Adele has puncture wounds from a mace in her side, Elsa has a broken arm, Jack has a thick gash on his leg. Those are the serious ones at the moment. More people are still showing up."Marigold reported in rapid fire. Alys patted Marigold's head and yawned.

"I'll start on Adele. Do you want to shadow me or work on your own?" Alys asked, drinking an energy shot to wake herself up. Marigold thought about it for a second.

"I'll shadow you, if that's alright. We haven't had puncture wounds in a while."Marigold said happily. Alys laughed and they went over to Adele's bed.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/13/2014, 17:46

Arya and Gavin rushed into the Hospital Wing, following the crowd. That duel had obviously done a lot of damage, because at least a third of the partygoers were injured and hospitalized. It seemed to be a bit of a free for all, so they found one of the last empty beds and Gavin helped Arya into it.

There has to be more help than this,” the Ravenclaw muttered angrily, looking around.

It’s just a burn, I can wait,” she assured him, clutching her arm. She noticed Marigold and Alys laughing, and grimaced. “They seem to be taking this rather lightly.

I suppose once you take care of things like this all the time, you start seeing everyone as patients; subjects & experiments rather than people,” Gavin agreed, sitting at the edge of her bed. “And it is not just a burn, look at it!

As much as she hated to admit it, Gavin was right. When that chair exploded, Gavin didn’t push Arry away fast enough; with the amount of adrenaline she had at the time, she didn’t even feel it until the whole thing was over. The burn stretched across her entire forearm of her wand arm, and she didn’t even want to look. It was a sickening sight.

Sit tight,” Gavin instructed. “I’m going to suggest we call in a few house elves, some of them are good at this sort of stuff.

Arya laid back and waited as Gavin hurried over to Healer Alys. This is gonna be a long night, she sighed.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/14/2014, 00:59

Marigold and Alys had set up curtains around Adele's bed. Marigold kicked out Seamus and Symon; they would have to take off her top to see the wounds better. But, then, Gavin came in.

"Can I make a suggestion? Can we get some house elves in here to help more people? Because everyone is hurting."he suggested. Marigold and Alys looked around the Hospital Wing. It was really crowded now. Then, they looked at each other.

"Can you work the room? And, maybe we should contact her."Alys said. Marigold grimanced.

"Yeah. I can work the room. But, if we get her in here, you better keep her away from me."Marigold said, tying up her hair and grabbing her bag, which she restocked. Alys laughed and shook her head.

"Who's her?"Gavin asked as they walked over to Arya.

"You'll see her when she comes in. Just keep her away from me, okay?"Marigold explained, feeling out Arya's chart as they walked. Gavin nodded. Marigold smiled at Arya.

"Hey Arya. I'm sorry for the wait and I'm sorry in advance if I accidentally hurt you. Let me look at your arm."she said, putting a pair of glasses on. She gently took Arya's arm in her hands and tapped the side of her glasses. The glass faded over and she could see the burns clearly. She didn't even flinch, even though it was disgusting.

"The burns lace all the way to your shoulder blade. There's minor nerve damage but that will be easy to heal. There might be scars too. I'm going to cut the sleeve off your dress to get to all the burns. Are you alright with that? "she said, putting the burn healing paste on her side table and getting out a pair of scissors. Gavin sat back in his chair, not looking happy. It's obvious that he thought that Marigold was being insensitive. She was just doing her job. She hoped Arya realized this too.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/15/2014, 18:09

Arya and Gavin watched Alys and Marigold laugh again, and the two exchanged a look. Maybe it was just the burns, scrapes, and bruises talking, but both of their moods seemed to be growing darker by the second.

Go for it,” she said with mock enthusiasm, glaring at the scissors. “Not like I’ve got anywhere else to be.

They watched as Marigold worked, and Arya only flinched once from the pain. The sight of the melted/burned skin made her dizzy, so she took this time to assess the rest of the room. Adele was still passed out, and Symon and Seamus stood directly outside of the curtains surrounding her bed. So much for Seamus moving on, she thought with a smirk.

Ugh, Millicent,” Gavin muttered, watching the older girl shove her way through the crowd. “Don’t tell me she’s actually here to help..

Well, she’s gone straight over to Elsa,” Arry sighed, wishing she was unconscious. She felt a sharp pain in her arm. “Oi, Marigold, don’t be so hasty!
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/15/2014, 19:53

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Marigold apologized when Arya felt pain. She had been gently massaging in burn paste into her arm for about five minutes and she had finally made it to Arya's shoulder. She had to massage a tiny bit harder to get a deep burn.

"Maybe if you weren't insensitive, you wouldn't be hurting her." Gavin snapped, a bit protectively. Marigold wrapped Arya's arm and looked at him.

"Gavin, you have to understand. We're not insensitive. We know all the pain people are going through. But, if we let it get to us, if we let our emotions take control, if we don't keep our judgement in check, there's not much we can do. That's why we laugh; that's why we make jokes. We make light of a bad situation, to keep our minds off the pain everyone is feeling." Marigold explained. Gavin leaned back in his chair and just stared at her, his mouth agape. He obviously never thought about that way before. Marigold smiled at Arya. I'm being really serious again. she thought, with dread.

"Alright. We'll have to keep you overnight to do some nerve tests in the morning and so the paste can do it's job. I'm particularly concerned about your shoulder. But, otherwise, you'll be in tip top shape in the morning. Here's a gown to put on. If you need any help, I'll be around. Just holler, okay?" Marigold said, pulling a red night gown out of a chest for Arya to wear. She put curtains up around Arya's bed, creating a nice bedroom type place. Gavin followed her out.

"Hey look. I'm really sorry. I never thought of it that way and I just assumed...." Gavin started. Marigold patted his head.

"It's okay. Everyone thinks that." she said with a friendly smile. Then, Elsa started screaming. Marigold rushed over to see Millicent trying to set Elsa's arm back into place with no pain medicine or magic or anything. Marigold shoved Millicent out of the way.

"What were you thinking?!" Marigold yelled at Millicent, giving Elsa half a vial of neque dolor. Marigold gently took Elsa's head in her hands and wiped away her tears, gently shushing her, trying not to cry. Elsa calmed down and Marigold healed her arm.

"That was my patient, first year. I was healing her." Millicent said when Marigold glared at her. Millicent was a Slytherin and a bit cruel. She gave Slytherins a bad name and she made all healers look bad too. She made Marigold furious every time she was in the hospital wing.

"Without any magic or medicine?! For a seventh year Millicent, you sure are stupid!" Marigold yelled. The girls glared at each other in intense silence for a good minute. Marigold was itching for her to say something so she could punch her face in. Asher and Gavin watched them, a bit warily. Alys finished with Adele and walked over to them.

"Girls. Calm down. Marigold, you run the left side of the room. Millicent, be nice and run the right." Alys said, breaking up the girls. The girls huffed and Marigold went to her side of the room, working on healing Jack's leg.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Slytherin: Year 3
Kolby Parry

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/15/2014, 20:16

Kolby walked into the Hospital Wing, bringing Osmond in with him. They had both been trying to sleep but they were covered in bruises. It was hard to sleep. They were planning to get healed and then go back to the Slytherin dorm. But, when they came in, they knew that it wasn't going to be that easy. They sighed and sat in the waiting room area.

"Hey guys." Asher said, sitting beside them. Seamus, Gavin, and Symon were sitting there too. Kolby was wondering how they didn't get mauled or severely injured. They were the main duelers. But, Kolby did noticed that they had lumps and bumps and bruises.

"Do we need to fill out a form or something?" Kolby asked. The boys shook their heads. Kolby groaned and rubbed his back. It was just bruises and he shouldn't be complaining. The people in the beds were much worst. He looked around the waiting area to take his mind off of it.

It was basically three couches set in a triangle with a coffee table in the middle. It had little candies in a nice little bowl. It was quiet in the whole hospital wing. Kolby watched Marigold, Alys, and Millicent dash around. They must be exhausted. Kolby thought. It was about one-thirty in the morning.

"Will Adele be okay?" Osmond asked. Semaus and Symon shrugged. Kolby sighed and rubbed his back again. It was going to be a long night.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/17/2014, 03:29

Adelaine's mind was shot. Like walking through a maze in the fog, she thought. For a while, she couldn't make out words, she just heard a sound or two every now and then. Eventually, the sounds got louder, and formed into sentences - insults, shouts, consoling words from Healer Alys. Slowly, Adele opened one eye.

"Fantastic, you're awake!" Symon exclaimed, just walking in past the curtains.

Adele could only respond with a muffled "mhmm". She opened the other eye, and felt her side. Peeking down, she realized her entire torso was wrapped in one big bandage that looped around her shoulders. If it felt tight at all, she couldn't feel it. Her whole body was numb.

"How're you feeling?" Symon asked seriously. "Just, uh..tap your finger once if it's good, twice if it's bad."

Can't there be an in between? she wanted to say. Assuming 'good' was equal to 'not dying', she tapped once. He smiled in relief and sat down next to her. Adelaine took a deep breath and tried speaking.

"..How's it.." was all she got out, trying to sit up. She winced from the pain.

"Relax," he said, gently pushing her back down. "Alys did her best, but the wounds were deep. It'll take a while to heal, at least a few weeks."

"I can't...miss..school," she struggled to speak, hand on her side.

"Such a Ravenclaw. Adele, you were nearly killed by a morning star," he said, almost laughing. "I really don't think anyone would blame you if school wasn't your top priority at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/17/2014, 13:55

"Why is it so cold?" Jacob asked as Marigold rubbed burn paste into his side. He kept flinching from his bed, still not used to the cool, burning sensation. Marigold just smiled and shook her head. Jacob entire left side got somewhat burned, although the worst was his arm. It did miss his face though.

"I told you Jacob. I added a cooling agent to the paste. It should help you sleep." she replied. Jacob sighed, closed his eyes, and looked up at the ceiling. He didn't want to be here; he wanted to be in his own bed in the dorm. The hospital was nice but it was just full of pain and agony. Marigold understood completely; no one wanted to voluntarily sleep in the wing. Well, except her and Alys and possibly Millicent.

"There. That should do it." Marigold announced, sitting him up a bit and wrapping gaze around his bare, burnt torso. He was half boy, half bandages now.

"Alright. We'll have to keep you over night so the paste can work. After that, you'll be free to go and do whatever you want." she said, passing him a shirt to put on. He got his burnt arm through the first hole, but grimaced when he tried to up his wand arm through. Marigold felt around his shoulder.

"You dislocated it." she reported, giving him a tablespoon of neque dolor. Jacob sighed and shook his head. "Bite." she commanded, putting a piece of leather in his mouth. He bit down on it and Marigold squeezed his shoulder back into place. She smiled and took the leather out of his mouth.

"Feeling better?" she asked.

"Yes. A lot better, actually. Thank you. I really appreciate it." he said, buttoning up the shirt.

"No problem. If you need me, just holler." she replied with a smile. She closed his curtain and Millicent came up to her with two trays.

"First, heal your friends in the waiting room. Then, Adele needs this soup." Millicent reported, handing Marigold the trays. Marigold watched her leave and then entered Adele's "room". She smiled when she saw Adele was awake.

"Good morning. Are you feeling hungry? I got some soup for you." she said, setting it on her bed side table. She mixed in the herbs that were on the tray. She heard she stomach growl and shook it off. Everyone could use a snack. she thought.

"She's having some trouble moving." Symon reported. Marigold nodded. She thought that might be the case. One of her ribs were broken from the bookshelf falling on her.

"That's okay. I'll just have to feed it to her. Unless you want to do it." Marigold said with a smile, picking up the spoon. Symon blushed and looked at the ground. Then, Alys came in.

"Marigold, I really need you to work the waiting room really quick. People need to go back to their dorms. Symon can do this." Alys commanded. Symon just looked at her, his mouth agape. Marigold stifled back a giggle. Now, he didn't have choice.

"I'll be there soon." Marigold replied. Alys nodded and went to check on Millicent. Marigold handed the spoon to Symon and left them alone.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime7/17/2014, 14:14

Kolby was overjoyed when Marigold approached them with a tray full of medicines. It was now two in the morning and everyone was exhausted. Seamus shook Gavin and Asher awake. Koldy snapped in Osmond's ear, getting his attention.

"Finally." Osmond muttered, sitting up. They had been laying on the couch for what seemed like an hour. It was really just thirty minutes. Marigold set the tray on the table and listened to everyone's symptoms, handing them potions or healing them with her wand.

"Headache, bruises on arm, legs, and back." Kolby told Marigold when she finally got to him. She passed him two potions and he drank both. He sighed with relief when he saw and felt the bruises fade away.

"Thank you. Oh,that's much better." Osmond thanked Marigold, stretching. Then, Millicent came in.

"Alright. You guys have to leave now." she reported. Kolby looked her over. She was pretty, although her personality ruined any chance of her getting married. She was a viper. That's probably why she's in Slytherin. Kolby thought.

"Alys didn't say we had to leave. She said we could leave if we wanted to." Gavin rebuttled.

"And, I'm staying here." Seamus told her defensively. Millicent looked angry.

"We don't have anywhere to put you." Millicent stated.

"I'll sleep here." Seamus countered, patting the couch. Kolby couldn't help but smile at the looks Millicent was giving him. If looks could kill, he would be dead. Marigold said something in Latin to her and Millicent left with a huff. Marigold retreated into Alys' office and returned with extra pillows and blankets for them.

"Anyone else staying?" Osmond asked. Asher and Gavin were staying too. Kolby sighed and looked at Osmond. Looks like they were all spending the night in the Hospital Wing.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/12/2014, 23:09

After taking care of the boys in the waiting room, Marigold made her rounds around the room, tending patients and making them comfortable. She sent Edwin and Jon to the waiting room, then helped Elsa get into a night gown.

"Try to get some sleep." Marigold said, blowing out her candles. The hospital wing was very dark now. Elsa nodded and snuggled into the bed. Millicent came up to her, a bit mad.

"Take care of your friend." she huffed, pointing to Arya's space. Marigold smiled and entered the "room".

"So, what's that all about? Why are her panties in a twist?" Marigold asked, picking up Arya's tray, which now had a mug of Butterbeer and a plate of bacon on it. The hospital wing was connected to the kitchens so this was no doubt a gift from Jinxy.

Marigold sat the tray in front of Arya and sat in a chair, taking a short rest. It was a little after two in the morning and she's been working since about eight that morning, with her evaluation and classes and the party. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She was exhausted. She wanted to crawl into a ball and sleep forever if she could.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/12/2014, 23:20

Arry watched happily as Millicent stormed off and sent Marigold to help instead. For such a bully, the Slytherin certainly was easy to outwit. Arya took the tray from her friend and chomped down on the bacon.

I’m not sure what happened,” she said innocently. “I was simply boasting about how quickly you’ve come along in the healing world, and at such a young age. Was it my fault Millicent’s trained for years to get to the position you’re in?

Grinning mischievously, Arya sipped her butterbeer. She made a mental note to thank Jinxy later on. Ugh, she huffed, shaking her arm. It itched and burned like crazy. All she wanted to do was blow cool air on it, but it was loosely wrapped in cloth.

I hope those bloody Slytherin troublemakers get expelled,” she mumbled, giving up and laying back. “I’m gonna get some sleep, Marigold. See you in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/12/2014, 23:38

Symon helped Adelaine sit up, with quite a bit of effort. Her torso was still numb, but she knew that she’d be in serious pain right now otherwise. Sitting upright, the gash in her side scrunched together a bit – the pain would be blinding if she wasn’t on so much medication.

Alright, come on,” she heard Symon say.

What…” she grumbled incoherently. Looking up, she saw that he had a spoonful of what looked like swamp water. “Absolutely not..

Adele, you have to eat,” he insisted, waving the spoon in front of her.

You…you are NOT…feeding..me,” she muttered as fiercely as she could. “I’ll do it.

You can’t even move on your own –

I’ll do it!” she half-shouted, pleased she could finally form a sentence. “Just give me the bowl and go…do something else.

Symon looked hurt and relieved all at once. He gently set the bowl on her lap and the spoon in her hand, then stood and left. It was a struggle, but Adelaine managed to eat at least half of the meal before falling asleep with the spoon in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/13/2014, 00:07

Marigold laughed and blushed at what Arya said. She took the tray from Arya when she gave up on the food.

"Good night Arya. See you in the morning." she said, blowing out the candles. She shut the curtains behind her and went to check on Adele. She stopped when she saw Symon staying outside the room.

"Did she eat it all?" Marigold asked.

"She wouldn't let me. She wanted to do it on her own." he said. Marigold smiled. Classic Adele. She sent Symon to the waiting area, where a pillow and blanket were waiting for him. She peeked into Adele's room and took the spoon out of her mouth. She gently tucked her in, trying out to wake her. Marigold blew out all her candles. She looked around. Almost all the hospital wing was dark. Except for Jacob's space.

"You're not sleepy?" Marigold asked as she went into Jacob's room. He was reading a book.

"I have sleeping problems."he explained, putting his book down. Marigold reached for a vial of Sleepless Draught. "Don't bother. Alys already gave me a vial." Marigold became very confused.

"Then, you should be out cold." she told him. He shrugged. "What keeps you from sleeping?" she asked. An innocent question. But, Marigold could tell that Jacob put his walls up. They were normally pretty open with each other, but this was a sensitive topic.

"Here. Let's try this." Marigold said, grabbing some lavender. Jacob got comfortable in his bed and Marigold gave it to him. He held it up to his nose and breathed it in. In five minutes, he was asleep. Marigold blew out the candles and then, went to Alys' office.

"I'm so proud of you." Alys told her as she entered. Marigold smiled and tapped on the wall, revealing a sort of nook for Marigold to sleep in. Alys tucked her in and gave her table spoon of Sleepless Draught. In five minutes, Marigold was in a deep sleep.

(OOC: Time skip to morning.)
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Hufflepuff: Year 3
Mira Catrain

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/13/2014, 13:50

Mira tiptoed through the silent Hospital Wing, mail in hand, to the office in the back. Looking around, she had to stifle a gasp. That must have been some party, she thought curiously, glad she missed it. Word had already spread throughout the school of the ‘Duel Party of 1351’. She thought they could have come up with a better name for it.

Healer Alys?” she whispered through the crack in the door, knocking lightly.

Come in,” the woman said quietly, swinging the door open. Mira entered and shut it behind her. “News from Ellington?

Yes,” Mira nodded politely, taking a seat and handing her the envelopes. “She’s sent word to the parents of the most severe cases, and the troublemakers who started the duel.

They should be expelled,” Alys griped, slitting open the first letter. “Although, we haven’t had such an exciting night here in years. Will the parents come to Hogwarts?

If they choose to,” she nodded again, shifting in her seat. “The headmistress thinks some of them won’t bother, though I can’t imagine a parent not caring enough to visit their injured child.

Alys looked quite like she had an idea of whose parents would come and whose wouldn’t, but she didn’t say anything. A sudden knock at the door interrupted both their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/16/2014, 00:04

Kolby knocked on the office door and Alys answered it. She smiled at him as he yawned and rubbed his eyes. He was still very tired. But, not as tired as Alys. The adult healer seemed to only get two hours of sleep.

"Can I help you, Kolby?" she asked.

"I'm just wondering what we're going to do about breakfast." Kolby explained. Alys sighed and thought for a moment. She then smiled.

Kolby was setting the table as everyone started waking up. Alys had borrowed a table from the Great Hall, while Kolby and Mira got plates, cups, and silverware. Now, they were setting the tables.

"Remind me again. Does the fork go on the left or the right?" he asked Mira. Gavin was up now and went to check on Arya; Symon was half asleep, half awake, sitting by Adele's bed. The others were asleep.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/16/2014, 19:46

"Rise and shine," Gavin said far too cheerfully, yanking the curtains open.

"Bloody hell," Arya grumbled, rolling over in the lumpy hospital bed. "Guess you're a morning person?"

"Always," he smiled broadly.

"Glad I'm not in your house, you must be a terrible annoyance," she muttered, almost laughing as his smile faded into a grimace.

"Do you want a tray or can you make it to the table?"

By way of answer, she sat up. Arry mussed up her hair (her way of "fixing" it), straightened her gown, and hopped to the ground. Gavin grinned and helped her to the center of the room where breakfast was getting started. They took a seat down by Seamus and Peyton. Arya looked around the hospital wing for her friends. Adele was still sleeping as Symon sat loyally by her side. Mira had popped in out of nowhere and was setting the table with Kolby.

"I love magic," she said quietly to herself, thinking about this giant table being transported from the Great Hall to here.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/16/2014, 21:31

"Good morning Marigold." Gavin said, as Marigold sat down at the end of the table. 

"Good morning." Marigold replied happily. 

"Are Ravenclaws always happy in the morning?" Asher asked. 

"When you done with breakfast, we got some cleaning up to do." Alys told her, kissing the top of her head. Marigold gave her the thumbs up and Alys left her alone. Everyone turned towards the fireplace as the flames flashed green. Marigold smiled. Her first judge was here. 

He was maybe 30 years old. His face was covered by a mercenary hood and he was in his typical gear, sword strapped to his waist. The boys had different reactions to him; some looked at him with fear, others looked at him with admiration. 

"Robert! You're early." Alys greeted, hugging him. He smiled and pulled down his hood, revealing a kind face and blonde hair and green eyes, looking like an older Asher. 

"Aye. What happened here? It was empty yesterday." he asked, as him and Alys walked around and checked on students. Marigold quickly began to inhale breakfast as the table arose with quiet chatter about him. Marigold finished her breakfast and then went to join the two healers. 

"Hello angel." Robert greeted her as he examined Adele. Marigold smiled. She secretly wanted to be like him, a mercenary healer, hired to the highest bidder that needed the most healing. The part that attracted Marigold to that option the most was the travel. Robert had been all over the world. 

"Good morning." Marigold said happily. He ruffled her hair as the fireplace lit up again. This time, it was a nun. She was a bit older, maybe 40. She had brown eyes and laugh lines and crows feet. Marigold had never seen her hair. She waved to the three healers. 

"Good morning Sister Gloriana." Alys called to her. The fireplace and the front door were busy as parents started filing in to see their children. 

"Marigold, can you direct traffic?" Alys asked. Marigold nodded and began to direct parents to their children. She smiled when she brought Elsa's parents over to her.

(OOC: Imagine Robert as Enzio from Assassin's Creed 2.)
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/17/2014, 18:31

The pain was horrendous. Clearly the numbing potions had worn off, because Adelaine could feel every movement she made, every wiggle of the bed when someone ran into it - even the blanket hurt her whenever it moved. She opened her eyes slowly and nearly screamed.

"..Symon," she whispered, noticing the zombie-like presence next to her.

"Huh?" he sat up straight with a jolt, looking around.

His eyes finally settled on her and he was wide awake, fixing the covers, pushing her hair out of her eyes, whatever he thought might help. Adele's mind was all fuzz and white noise. But there was one thing she could make out..

"Go..get help," she mumbled.

Pulling her hand away from her side, Symon saw the blood - her wound was not healing. And it was turning black. The Slytherin jumped up and ran for a healer. Adele just had time to wonder whether that mace was cursed, then fell unconscious again.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/18/2014, 23:38

Marigold was checking Jacob's wounds when she saw Gloriana and Robert go to Adele. Jacob and Marigold looked at each other and then Alys ran up to Marigold. 

"Go find the mace. We think it might be poisoned or cursed. We need to make an antedote or find a counter spell so we need the mace. Go!" she told them as Marigold grabbed Jacob's hand and they went running out of the hospital wing. 

Marigold came back five minutes later, carefully holding the mace, trying not to let it touch her skin. Robert took it from her and looked it over with his glasses. Gloriana was by Adele's side, trying to purify her wound. Alys was frequently flipping through different books. 

"Can I help?" Marigold asked. 

"No." Alys, Robert, and Gloriana said in unison. They looked at each other and shook their heads. They were all half siblings. Same dad, different moms. Makes sense. Their dad had three wives. Marigold sighed and helped Jacob back to his bed, mumbling under her breath. 

"Hey. It's okay. This is just a bit too advance for you." Jacob said as an owl delivered him a letter. He sighed and crumbled up the piece of parchment. Marigold rolled her eyes, still mumbling. 

"Jacob, your grandmother is here." Asher said, bringing the old lady in. Jacob smiled and Marigold left to give them their privacy. She went over to Adele, watching the three healers work, handing them tools. 

"Luckily, it's just poison. She'll be fine." Robert said after working for thirty minutes. Adele was hooked up to a tube of constant antidote dripping into her veins. Gloriana shut the curtains before Marigold could get a better look at the situation. Marigold had to push back Symon.

"Symon, she's on quarantine. She's not allowed to have any visitors except her parents." Alys explained. He looked at Robert and Gloriana for confirmation and they nodded. 

"Come on. You need some sleep." Marigold said, escorting him to Alys' office so he can take a nap. Marigold sighed and watched as the fireplace lit up again. She smiled at who it was.

"Papa!" Marigold exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around her fathers neck.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/19/2014, 12:30

Arya was back in bed, and she and Gavin talked quietly about Adele's wound. They'd just had time to glance at the black mass before the curtains obscured their view. Of course the mace was cursed - it was in the Slytheirn common room. She gazed over at Symon; he obviously felt terrible, and looked sick. Not surprising, he'd gotten a better look than anyone else.

"Is it just me, or does the room seem to get bigger the more people there are?" Gavin asked suspiciously, looking around.

"Magic," she smiled, watching the fireplace. "Alys wouldn't let the parents wander around such a crowded place"

"Seems to me the invitation wasn't limited to parents of the severely injured," he muttered, studying Marigold's father. "Will your folks come?"

Arya shrugged. If anything, her father might come. Her mother probably couldn't be bothered to. The fireplace lit up again and Arry shuddered involuntarily as the somber figure stepped out. Gavin noticed and looked curiously.

"You know him?"

"Sort of," she mumbled. The man glanced over at her with an icy stare before turning away. "It's Adelaine's father."
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/19/2014, 19:54

Kolby was about to go back to the common room, when Symon came up to him. 

"Is that Adele's father?" he asked, gesturing to the man that looked exactly like her. 

"Probably." Kolby replied as the man went behind the curtain, Robert letting him in. 

"Do you got a ear on you?" he asked. Kolby smiled. 

They slipped the ear under the curtain and listened to the whole coversation. Kolby immediately wanted to stop. It made him sick to her a father talk to his child this way. Symon clenched his fists, trying to control his anger. But, Kolby could tell that he was struggling with his emotions. 

Kolby covered Symon's mouth when he snapped. The first rule of being sneaky: don't make a sound. Be silent. Kolby glared at him as they continued to listen. Symon stormed off to another part of the wing when he couldn't take it anymore. Kolby grimaced when he felt his ear get stepped on. He was in trouble. 

(OOC: By ear, I'm talking about Extendable Ears.)
Back to top Go down
Adelaine Beaumont
Adelaine Beaumont

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/20/2014, 23:54

Adele was numb again, which she was thankful for. Eyes barely open, she listened to Healer Alys explain what had happened; a blackening gash, poison, month-long bed rest. The talking stopped immediately when a tall, pale man stepped into the makeshift room: her father. Kenric Beaumont stood still and looked at Alys coldly. Words weren’t needed, anyone with half a brain could sense his dominance. Lord Beaumont had this affect on people. The kind woman nodded and scurried out.

So,” her father began, leering down at her. “Beaten by a bookshelf?

Adelaine couldn’t speak, so she just stared. What had she hoped he would say? How is my loving daughter? Is there anything I can do? Nothing of the sort. I’m glad you’re alright, is all she wanted to hear.

It’s bad enough you were missorted,” he continued coolly. “You could have at least used that ‘Ravenclaw wit’  more to your advantage. It may have made us proud for once, but here you lay. Defeated.

She was zoning in and out of consciousness now, which was fine by her.

….Weak…” she woke to hear him say. “…Disappointment to us all…embarrassment to House Beaumont…

At least you'll have Emmy soon, she thought. 

"You know, the bravest of soldiers..." he began thoughtfully. She actually believed he might say something nice. "The bravest would rather die fighting than come home a loser."

Adele, eyes open, just gazed at the ceiling as he went on. Why had he even bothered to come?

Lord Montfort is here,” Kenric said, as if reading her mind. “He owes me and it’s past time he squared his debt.

So that’s why, she realized, growing angrier by the second. He didn’t care about his daughter, didn’t care I nearly died. He’s just here on business. With one last glare at his only child, the embarrassment to his family, Kenric turned on his heel and left. Adele was alone again.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/21/2014, 22:42

"Your mother misses you dearly. We were worried when we stopped receiving your letters around Christmas. But, we figured you were busy and having fun." Marigold's father said, beaming with pride at his daughter. He was following her around as she made her rounds through the hospital.

Her father immediately shut up though when he saw Lord Beaumont step out of Adele's room. Marigold could feel the tension as they stared at each other. The corners of Adele's father mouth twitched as he stared at the peasant family. He then walked away to find Lord Montfort.

"What was that about?" Marigold asked.

"Just an old school rivalry. The Huffs won the Quidditch Cup from Slytherin one year and.....well, me and my friends took it too far." he admitted. Marigold never knew her father to be a prankster. He was an honorable, hard working man. But, the fireplace lit up and she smiled. 

"About time." Robert told Seraphina. Seraphina was somewhere between Alys and Robert and she served as the king's personal healer. She looked like a proper lady, regal and a bit pompous. 

"My apologies. Mother required assistance." she said simply as she straightened Marigold's dress and hair. 

"Is she coming?" Alys asked. 

"Of course. She wants to meet your brightest student." Seraphina explained. Marigold blushed and looked at her father. He just smiled and went to sit down.

"Vhere ist zie?" a lady in her mid-50's yelled as she came out of the fireplace. She had this fierce personality and a thick German accent. This was the siblings mother, the Mother of Healing. She looked directly at Marigold, who Seraphina and Alys pushed forward. Marigold look at the ground, a bit nervous under her judgmental gaze. 

"Look up das Madchen." she said. Marigold slowly looked at her. She looked exactly like Alys. Or, Alys looked like her. Mother looked at Alys. 

"Zalt." she commanded. 

"Mother." Robert warned. She glared at him as Alys made a circle of salt on the floor. She nodded to Gloriana. 

"Don't be scared." Gloriana said, as she cut Marigold's palms. Gloriana helped her into the circle and placed her hands on the salt. Marigold wanted to scream as the salt sank into her palms. Her father stood up but Robert held him back. 

"Close your eyes, ignore the pain and focus on your magic. Channel it through the salt, like a wand." Gloriana explained. Marigold did as she was told and calmed down. Relax. Calm down. Marigold said to herself. Once she was calm enough, the salt and her magic melded together and formed these dancing golden flames around her. Mother looked very pleased. 

"Velcome to de guild."
Back to top Go down
Kolby Parry
Kolby Parry

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/22/2014, 00:45

Kolby watched the whole scene fall out between Marigold and her healers. He was quite surprised that Marigold was able to conjure her magic on the first try. She was still somewhat considered the underdog of the group.

"Where's Symon?" Peyton asked, looking around. The Slytherin had mysteriously disappeared. Kolby could picture him trying to get his emotions under control somewhere, smashing vases and mirrors.

"He really likes her, huh?" Seamus asked in a depressed tone. Peyton patted him on the back. Kolby felt sad for the bloke. He just wanted love.

"Well, you know, there's other girls out there. Like......ummmm...." Peyton started but sputtered out when he couldn't think of anyone.

"Elsa. Maria. Millicent." Kolby listed. The pair laughed at the idea of Seamus and Millicent courting. It made Kolby shudder. Again, she was a viper.

"Anyone heard about Adele?" Symon asked the boys. Kolby noticed that his fingers were bandaged and a bit bloody. Has he really been punching mirrors? Kolby thought.

"Nothing yet mate. Sorry." Peyton responded sadly. He sighed and sat down. He still looked a bit angry, although not as much as before. It was awkward at the table now, with both Symon and Seamus there. Kolby twiddled his thumbs and then went to check on Arya.
Back to top Go down
Mira Catrain
Mira Catrain

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime8/22/2014, 11:38

Mira was rushing around the Hospital Wing, happy to be of assistance to anyone who needed her. She was currently carrying a pail of water to one of the healers, when she accidentally collided with someone. Half the water sloshed out of the bucket, and the man turned on his heel to face her. He was tall and pale, with platinum blonde hair – why was he so familiar?

Stupid girl, watch where you’re going,” he said coldly, whipping out his wand to magically dry himself.

She sputtered out a quiet apology and backed away – straight into Peyton. The pail was officially empty.

Oh!” she sighed, exasperated. “Have I gotten you wet?

No, no, don’t worry about it,” Peyton laughed, smiling kindly. “I see you’ve met Adele’s father?

Mira looked back at the man, who was in the middle of an intense conversation with Lord Montfort. That’s why I recognize him, she realized. The resemblance to his daughter was uncanny. So was the somber and cold attitude – Adelaine clearly tried to keep hers in check. Her father wore it like armor.

Aguamenti,” Peyton muttered, refilling the pail. “I’ll take this to Healer Alys; you should go help Symon with his hands.

Without questioning what sort of help the Slytherin needed with his hands, Mira hustled over to the corner where a group of boys sat. Symon’s hands were bloody, though he’d done a good job of bandaging them. She filled a bowl with water, unwrapped his hands, and cleaned the scrapes. Mira was still extremely wary of Adelaine and Symon since witnessing their exchange with Jacob in the dungeons, so she didn't say a word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The After Party  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The After Party    The After Party  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The After Party
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next