Hogwarts Medieval
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Medieval

The magic lives on! Step back in time (about 700 years, to be exact) and enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only a few centuries after it was founded!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The de Hattes Tourney -- 1352
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/20/2021, 05:59 by Kolby Parry

» School Shopping!
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime9/20/2020, 19:24 by Reyna Fendrel

» The First and The Last
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 23:30 by Arya Lanister

» A Templar Picnic
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime6/20/2020, 07:08 by Kolby Parry

» Detention: Letter Sorting
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime6/16/2020, 05:10 by Professor Harcourt

» Epoximise! (2nd Year)
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 12:00 by Professor Harcourt

» A Noble Rescue
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime5/4/2020, 11:42 by Professor Harcourt

» A Skurge Upon All (2nd Year)
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime9/8/2017, 23:42 by Mira Catrain

» Tea Leaves, Anyone?
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime6/27/2017, 02:20 by Petyr Martell

» Halloween Dance! (1351)
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime6/24/2017, 00:46 by Headmistress Ellington

*Magical Happenings*
~Summer Break~

~Wizard Festival~

~The Trial~

Top posting users this month
No user
Ratings!

Shadowplay Topsites

Fabric and Dress Shopping!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marigold Belet
Ravenclaw: Year 3
Marigold Belet

Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Empty
PostSubject: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/21/2014, 00:47

Marigold walked into the fabric shop, looking around. Since she couldn't purchase a new dress and her mother wasn't going to make her one (the de Hattes never celebrate Valentine's Day), she was going to sew some new things on her Christmas one.Valentine's day. Hmmm.....she thought, looking at all the fabrics. She paused at the purple fabric. St. Valentine did wear at amethyst ring.she thought. But, what could she add?

She thought about the dress she had. Long red sleeves, white shoulders, white cross over. She could alter that. And, she could add an over sleeve to her under sleeve. And, she could embroider the both with some sort of pattern. Not to mention, she could just change up the jewelry and accessories. She smiled when the picture came together. Perfect.she thought.

She grabbed the a 1/3 of a yard of white fabric and 1/2 a yard of purple fabric. She purchased the fabric and went to the huge sewing table that was in the middle. She foolishly forgot her dress back at the school. She sighed and pulled out her wand.

"Accio dress."she said with her eyes closed, picturing her dress. She opened her eyes when she heard the bell by the door ring. She sighed when it wasn't her dress. But, she smiled and waved to her friend who had just entered the shop.
Back to top Go down
Mirielle Ward
Expelled
Expelled
Mirielle Ward

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/21/2014, 14:01

Mirielle didn't have a date to the dance but she didn't mind going alone. She just needed the perfect dress. Her mother had sent her some money but of course she waited til the last minute to look for one. She was always doing that, waiting til the last minute. She saw another classmate of hers and thought that she looked rather confused or was it upset or was it puzzled. She wasn't good at telling people's mood.
"Hello, Marigold. She only Marigold's name by overhearing it or was it from class? " Do you need some help? Because I could give you the money my mother sent me. I know it's last minute and everything but I don't really need it. I have plenty of dresses and if I want to change the color I could just use a spell or dip it in a super large cauldron. It's just my mother heard, I don't know how, that we were having a dance and she always is prying. I really don't need it However, if you want to keep a current dress I can always help you alter it. She waited for Marigold's reply. Of course she knew that Marigold might not take her up on her offers but she really didn't need the money and she could alway paint a picture of the dress and give it to her mother. Her mother didn't need to know that she didn't buy a new dress.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/22/2014, 22:52

Marigold was quiet surprised when Mirielle came up and began to talk to her. She jaw dropped when the Slytherin offered her some money. It even seemed like it was out of the kindness of the girl's heart. Marigold was a bit apprehensive though. Slytherins were known to be cunning, especially the mischievous Kolby. But, Mirielle didn't seem like that kind of person. Marigold thought about, taking a minute to think.

"I'm sorry Mirielle but I've already brought the material to alter my current dress. I do appreciate the offer though and I would love you to help me."Marigold said as cheerfully as possible. She grabbed a piece of parchment and drew a rough sketch of the sleeves she had in mind.

"Are you good at flower designs?"Marigold asked, handing her the piece of parchment.

(OOC: Here's the sleeves. Just have Mirielle trace the pattern and cut it out of the white fabric. Marigold will sew it on later.)
Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Marigo10
Back to top Go down
Mirielle Ward
Expelled
Expelled
Mirielle Ward

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/23/2014, 02:42

Mirielle nodded in frustration. It was probably because she was a slytherin but what harm could it be to GIVE someone some money. She wasn't going to use the money thing to blackmail Marigold into anything. There wasn't anything she wanted from Marigold that she couldn't do herself.Mother always told me if you wanted something done you'd better do it yourself. Otherwise it never gets done the correct way. And she wasn't about to let anything go wrong when she wanted something done.
"I understand, I'm okay with flowers. I find them too...loving. I suppose that's the right word? But I could definitely use a charm to draw them on the sleeve. All you have to do is bring them to life, so to speak." Mirielle wasn't convinced that Marigold trusted or believed her so she grabbed a piece of parchment and ink and a quill from nearby and drew on the parchment what kind of flowers that she could draw on the fabric. Elle was just thinking that maybe Marigold wasn't a rose type girl. That maybe she was more into lilies or daisies.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Gryffindor: Year 3
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/25/2014, 15:33

Arya sauntered into the fabric shop in Hogsmeade, gripping the sketch of her dress in one hand and holding her cloak closed in the other. It was freezing outside, but she had to get this done. She honestly wouldn’t have minded going to the dance in the same dress she wore to the feast, but none of the other girls were. She didn’t need one more reason to stand out.

Um, excuse me,” she started to say to the seamstress, before seeing Marigold. “Nevermind!

Heading in her friend’s direction, Arya glanced at the different colored rolls of fabric on the shelves. There were small tables scattered around the shop where customers could sew, cut, seam, and whatever else you did to clothes.

How’s it going, Mari-” she froze when she noticed Mirielle Ward. Were they friends? “Hello there, Mirielle. What are you two up to?
Back to top Go down
Mirielle Ward
Expelled
Expelled
Mirielle Ward

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime2/25/2014, 17:11

Just as Mirielle was about to hand the drawing to Marigold she saw Arya enter. She knew that those two were friends and instantly worried that those two would gossip behind her back later when she wasn't there. Then she saw her coming over to greet them or more to greet Marigold.She saw the way that Arya tensed up and Mirielle was a little disappointed. Sometimes, only sometimes, she hated to be in slytherin. It's not like we are even a bad house. Salazar left the other three because of a disappointment but at least he didn't kill them. I mean, he was a powerful wizard. One more thing, just because he thought his house should only be purebloods doesn't mean all slytherins felt the same way. These thoughts just made her blood boil.
"I thought I'd help Marigold with her dress."Maybe that will stick that gryffindor in her place. Sometimes ooh, I swear they think they are better than everyone else. Mirielle had to calm herself down without the other two noticing but that was impossible when a few fabrics flew off the shelf.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/2/2014, 15:36

Marigold was in a sticky situtation when Arya came over. She knew this had to look bad in Arya's eyes.

"Hi Arya."Marigold said with a smile. You could cut the tension with a knife after what Mirelle said though. Marigold wiggled in her chair uncomfortably. Ugh. This situation.Marigold thought.

"Girls, now let's get along. Come on Arya. Come sit down. We'll be glad to help you with yours, right Mirelle?"Marigold said with a smile. She was going have to play peace maker for this to work.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/4/2014, 17:20

Marigold could obviously sense the tension between Arya and Mirielle. Reluctantly, Arry sat on the edge of an empty chair next to her friend. After what had happened in the Gryffindor common room, she’d been avoiding the Slytherin minx as much as possible (which wasn’t too possible since they had classes together).

I actually only came to buy fabric,” she lied, talking only to Marigold. “I was going to alter to my gown back in the tower.

Tapping her fingers impatiently on the side of her chair, she looked at the fabrics and sketches that covered the little table. Clearly Marigold had the same idea Arry did; why waste money you didn’t have on a whole new dress when you could make it look new just by changing a few things?
Back to top Go down
Mirielle Ward
Expelled
Expelled
Mirielle Ward

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/4/2014, 23:37

Mirielle forced a smile.
"Of course."Mirielle didn't like the idea of her and Arya sitting near each other. She didn't even like the idea of her and Arya being in the same room as one another but there they were."What are you here for? What kind of fabric? What are you planning to do to your dress?"I have a couple of ideas as to what she could do to her dress. Or what I could do. I've already bullied a gryffindor once I can surely do it again. I could sabotage her dress. It would be perfect, for me. Mirielle tried to hide her smile at these thoughts and tried to be a little interested in Arya. She ruined my chances of making a new friend. She already has so many. Why did she have to come over here?
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/8/2014, 16:24

The shop fell into awkward silence. Marigold wiggled in her chair.

"So, Mirelle, what was that design you were about to show me?"Marigold asked, taking the design Mirelle drew. It was lilies and daisies. She really liked roses but Mirelle's design was also very pretty. She thought about it for a moment and grabbed another piece of parchment. She drew another design.

"Let's compromise and do vines."she said, passing the parchment to Mirelle.

"So, Arya, what did you have in mind? Flowers? Plaid?"Marigold asked, trying to alter between the girls and to be a peace keeper.
Back to top Go down
Mirielle Ward
Expelled
Expelled
Mirielle Ward

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/9/2014, 12:16

Mirielle looked down at the design that Marigold gave her. It's not too bad. Pretty simple but then simple is always best sometimes.
"It's definitely doable. Can I ask what was wrong with my design? I don't mind changing, it's your dress but I was just curious." Keeping eye contact with Marigold, Mirielle tried not to think awful things about Arya but she just couldn't help but think that maybe Arya was scoffing in her mind or that she was being judgmental.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/10/2014, 01:41

Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Ar11

Arya was about to open her mouth and respond to Marigold’s question, when Mirielle spoke again. With a grimace, she sat back and waited her turn, staring intently at the fabrics on the table. Finally, she pulled out her sketch and laid it before her friend.

I was planning on silvery vines on my sleeves, actually,” she explained, talking directly to Marigold. “I’m just altering my old gown, so the colors will be dark purple and silver.

She stopped and glanced at her little sketch, thinking quickly. Should she add another color to it? A paler fabric might cost a bit less..

Perhaps I’ll add a bit of a pinkish color as well.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/11/2014, 22:02

Well, now we have a misunderstanding.Marigold thought with dread.

"Mirelle, there's nothing wrong with your design. It's very pretty."Marigold said. But, she could see that the girl was still insulted. She sighed. Then, Arya changed the topic to her dress. Marigold cleared off a second table. It was probably best to separate the two girls.

"Here. Let's work on yours over here."she said, patting the new table. Marigold stayed at the old table, trying not to confuse her fabric with Arya's.

"I was thinking about doing vines too Arya."Marigold said with a smile. Slowly, she began to move her things to the new table. After a minute, Arya and her had a table to themselves. Marigold began to cut out the vine pattern in her white fabric.

"So, what do you think our lessons will be about?"Marigold asked.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/14/2014, 14:38

Arya gladly moved to the empty table with Marigold, leaving the Slytherin troublemaker behind. She looked around the shop and realized she still had no fabric. Jumping up quickly, she headed to the purple section. Then she grabbed fabric from the silver section; and lastly, the light pink she planned on using for her sleeves.

Wait a minute,” she sat with a huff. “I won’t need all this fabric, and I don’t have my dress with me.

The shopkeep must have overheard her, because she smiled and stood next to her chair. “What’s your name, dear?

Um, Arya,” she mumbled, confused.

Accio Arya’s dress,” she chanted, raising her wand. “It’s on it’s way.

The kind old woman went back to her business, and Arya raised an eyebrow. Was that even a real spell? It sounded more like wishful thinking. Before she could voice her doubts to Marigold, however, her folded up gown came flying into the shop.

Bloody hell,” Arry laughed, catching it. “I have got to learn that one.
Back to top Go down
Tomkin Davison
Gryffindor: Year 2
Tomkin Davison

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/14/2014, 16:03

THe bell above the door jingled in the background of the girls conversation as Hugh entered the shop. It was obvious from the way he maneuvered and his interactions with the shopkeeper that he came there often.
He had no date to the dance, nor did he want one. He preferred to go to the dance simply to see what was being worn by who. Of course, they were all still young so he expected a variety leaning from hand-stitched ball gowns to even simply a dyed school robe.
Smiling, he walked over to the girls, a load of fabric in hand, being careful that only the fabric for his own ensemble could be seen.
He beamed his bright laugh-like smile and asked-
"How are you Ladies today?"
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/18/2014, 00:45

Marigold jumped when Hugh appeared behind her. It was odd seeing a boy in a fabric shop. But, she guessed he had his reasons. She smiled.

"Hello Hugh. We're doing just fine, thank you. Why don't you have a seat?"she said cheerfully, gesturing to an empty chair. Marigold crinkled her eyebrows when she saw that the shopkeeper had made Arya's dress appear. Then, she shrugged it off. She was just her to trace and cut anyways.

"So, how are classes going?"Marigold asked the pair of Gryffindors, tracing a template she had made. She was sticking to vines.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/18/2014, 13:03

Arya unfolded her gown and pulled it over the mannequin. She put the purple fabric back on it’s shelf; she would only need the pink and silver. The sleeve pattern would be tricky, but she could do it with the extra purple from the upper sleeves.

Oh, suppose I won’t be needing the undergown,” she muttered to herself, pulling the entire thing off the wooden figure. “Classes are going alright for me so far. I hear next week’s lessons will all be Valentine-themed.

She wasn’t sure how she felt about that - any loveable spell couldn’t possibly be useful, right? Especially in Defense. What could Renoir have planned? Arry shrugged the thought off and worked at her gown. Carefully she fitted the silver fabric onto the mannequin, for her new undergown.

Aren’t there spells to make this simpler?

Looking around, she noticed a couple magical sewing books up by the shopkeeper’s desk. She grabbed three and tossed them on the table.
Back to top Go down
Tomkin Davison
Tomkin Davison

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/20/2014, 17:54

Hugh sat down and began sorting through the fabrics in his arm, comparing them with various sketches from a notebook he carried.
"My classes are ok... He said wairly
He didn't want to admit it, but he wasn't doing to well in several of them. Wimsily, he looked up at Arya as she tossed the books onto the table.
"I know a few of those, Mum and Da taught them to me, we're not allowed to practice spells outside of school though, so I do most of my work back at school."
He smiled at her, eager to become friends. Then, he saw the colors of the cloth she intended to use, and was even more eager.
"That color will suit you nicely, I assume you'll be pairing it with a silver and a scarlet? Those are the best for it, though, that shade could do well enough paired with a light green and a white. To me, you seem more of the scarlet, daring, bold, and a true gryffindor." He smiled, then got up, spreading out the fabrics one by one, and quickly cutting the shapes he needed.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/22/2014, 14:10

Marigold smiled and opened the books Arya grabbed. It was full of color schemes and sewing spells. This might come in handy.she thought, taking out her wand. Her pattern was trace and now she wanted to cut it. She pointed her wand at the beginning of her pattern.

"Forcipe."she said. A pale green light appeared between her wand and the fabric. She began racing her pattern again, cutting the fabric. After she was done, she put done her wand and looked at the pattern. She smiled.

"The forcipe spell works fantastic."she told Hugh and Arya, holding up her pattern to show them. She then put her cut pattern back on the white fabric and used that as her template. She began cutting it out again to match the other sleeve.

"I wish I could teach my mother this."she said aloud. She sighed. It would make live so much easier for her.she thought.
Back to top Go down
Arya Lanister
Arya Lanister

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/23/2014, 19:56

Arya followed Marigold’s example and tested out a couple spells from the books. One went horribly wrong and she ended up with a piece of silver fabric wrapped tightly around her eyes like a blindfold.

I thought your mother was a witch,” she questioned the Ravenclaw, pulling the cloth away from her face. “Why won’t you be able to teach her?

Perhaps she was getting her information mixed up. Was Marigold muggleborn as well? She wasn’t good at keeping track of that stuff. The bell on the door chimed. Arry hopped up and went to the shopkeeper’s desk to pick out another book. The man who had just entered the shop was talking quietly with the woman who ran the store; she seemed slightly afraid. Arya discreetly glanced over at them. The man was tall and had a hard quality; it seemed like he'd probably never smiled in his life. Something in his icy blue eyes and pale blonde hair looked familiar, but Arya couldn’t place why. He wore a nobleman’s outfit of black cloth lined with gold, and she couldn’t tell what the sigil was…a dragon, it looked like.

Mind your business, urchin,” he said shortly, cutting his eyes at her.

Arya didn’t need to be told twice; something about this man made her extremely uncomfortable. She scurried back to her table.

I’m thinking we ought to finish this at the castle,” she whispered to her friends, shoving her things in her bag. “Let’s go!

She didn’t even wait for a response, she just left.
Back to top Go down
Marigold Belet
Marigold Belet

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/23/2014, 21:55

"No. My mother is a Muggle. My father is a wizard."Marigold said, a blush rising to her face. She watched Arya walk up to the shop keep. There was a man at the counter with pale blonde hair. He said something snappy to Arya and then continued talking to the shop keep. Something is suspicious here. Marigold grabbed a gold ribbon and walked up to the counter.

"Hi. I forgot to purchase this earlier."she said, putting it on the counter and began counting her money. The shop keeper looked at the man and he nodded. Marigold finally got a good look at the man. Blonde hair, blue eyes, a black and yellow dragon sigil. He glared at her and Marigold continued counting her money.  

"That will be 5 sickles, dear."she said. Marigold got out the appropriate coinage and and placed it on the table with an extra sickle.

"Thank you."she said happily, taking her ribbon.

"Dear, there's an extra sickle here."the shop keep said.

"Keep it. It's for letting us use your books and the table."Marigold said. The man raised an eyebrow and Marigold knew who it was. The same quizzical judging look that Adele has. This had to be her father.

"Thank you dear."the shop keep said shakily and Marigold nodded. She returned to her table and packed her stuff. Marigold then went to catch up with Arya.

"Arya, I think that was Adele's father."she said to her friend.
Back to top Go down
Tomkin Davison
Tomkin Davison

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime3/24/2014, 15:08

Hugh looked up from the cloth as the girls whispered to eachother. He nodded at the remark about finishing at the castle. Then he looked to the man in question. The blond hair and stern appearance reminded Hugh a bit of Kolby Parry, as opposed to Adele like the girls suggested. Though, there were many students with blond hair that had a forboding father. Quietly, he packed away his things, and followed the girls, dipping his head as he was trained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fabric and Dress Shopping!    Fabric and Dress Shopping!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fabric and Dress Shopping!
Page 1 of 1